stuck on map screen after log in

I was in Antares doing some lvling when I got ctd, I logged back in and now I am hanging on the map screen. I have checked the local cert box, and that didn't help. I've tried several times to log in and can't seem to get past the map screen, any suggestions? This is a new issue for me since the new login server went in today :)

[quote name='Mayhem' timestamp='1301274154' post='37450']
I was in Antares doing some lvling when I got ctd, I logged back in and now I am hanging on the map screen. I have checked the local cert box, and that didn't help. I've tried several times to log in and can't seem to get past the map screen, any suggestions? This is a new issue for me since the new login server went in today :(
[/quote]
Same thing happened to my PS when I went to land on Primus. Now I hang on the load screen and cant get it to log in. Have waited over 10 minutes... My main toon as well... :o :( :)

there was a nasty problem with this, I've alleviated it somewhat, so at the very least the initial login from the avatar selection screen should take no more than 25 seconds, even if the server is waiting for previous saves to go through.

Tienbau, not sure if this helps but I did notice that users latency to the server seems to play a major role in this. And recently with the issue in Japan, alot of major inter-connects on that side of the world are borked so traffic is all messed up. From my location I'm hitting high 300-600ms latency and sometimes can't get past the launcher's login phase, then when I do, I get hanging at the Galaxy Map. I accept mine due to that, but other users experience it still and have much lower latency than I do.

I just hope the Japan backbone gets fixed, its causing havoc (among all the other mess they dealing with) on the interweb!