Havn't played in a while.. Have missles been "fixed"?

I been wondering have missles been "fixed" yet, the reason fixed is in " 's is well. what I mean by fixes is, have the devs stoped them from swerving all over the place which just makes them take twice as long to get to their target than if they just flew straight? This little issue has always stoped me from making terrans.

That's kind of a part of the original game, so it hasn't been changed. I believe the amount of time they take to reach the target is dependent on some stat on the ammo, so if we were to change the path type, it would still take as long, despite flying straight at the target. (It's speed along the path would be slower, but speed toward the target is always the same)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301173034' post='37221']
Yeah those are intended effects, they were never a problem, per se.
[/quote]

Yeah. it just looks kinda silly some of them swerve like crazy. Like its guidence system is messed up. Maybe they could be sped up some? Its not a major deal but you think a rocket propelled missle would get to its target faster than a projectile fired from a cannon. Edited by Scyris

[quote name='Scyris' timestamp='1301173964' post='37222']
Yeah. it just looks kinda silly some of them swerve like crazy. Like its guidence system is messed up. Maybe they could be sped up some? Its not a major deal but you think a rocket propelled missle would get to its target faster than a projectile fired from a cannon.
[/quote]

Not necessarily, think of how fast a projectile actually comes out of a real gun. 200, 300 miles an hour? A missile or rocket in real life actually dont go that fast at first.

However I would love to see the "missile/rockets" get a bigger profile, unlike most of them in game. What I mean is could the size of the missile graphics be bigger? They look too small IMO and ya loose them after they get fired, have to squint to actually see them. :D

aha, but this is an important distinction, Maniac hit on it.

Out of a gun, projectiles travel very quickly, but can only cover short distances, effectively (Like a Dwarf, if you've paid attention to Gimli on the LOTR movies)
Projectile range is about 5k

Out of an ML/Silo missiles start out slowly but have those guidance systems and rocket propulsion to speed them up to a maximum speed along their flight path.
Missile range is up to about 9k I think, if set up properly at least that was the way in live. I haven't played around enough with it yet since we've not gotten into balancing.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1301176689' post='37233']
aha, but this is an important distinction, Maniac hit on it.

Out of a gun, projectiles travel very quickly, but can only cover short distances, effectively (Like a Dwarf, if you've paid attention to Gimli on the LOTR movies)
Projectile range is about 5k

Out of an ML/Silo missiles start out slowly but have those guidance systems and rocket propulsion to speed them up to a maximum speed along their flight path.
Missile range is up to about 9k I think, if set up properly at least that was the way in live. I haven't played around enough with it yet since we've not gotten into balancing.
[/quote]

8.8k was about as good as missile range could get on a properly geared Terran (warriors with a 200% rage on have the best range buff)

But regardless any shortcomings people perceive with missiles based on travel speed/time and all that are moot when you consider it's the only weapon that can fire omni-directional. This allows for full speed kiting and other advantages. I've definitely never seen missile paths as being time wasters, it's all coded in a specific way... it's just a design choice to make different missiles unique from eachother. If every missile graphic fired straight I'd get pretty bored of it. I like the juxtaposition of curly purple black caster missiles with the swooping bile missiles.