EnB API

Ranko

Any chances we could get something like the EVEAPI ?

For those that dont know, EVE has a massive out-of-game functionality, via the EVE API. It provides (when presented with the correct USERID (avatar ID), and a complex (random) key. It allows you to view all sorts of data about that avatar. i.e. name, level, what it has in the ship hold, fitted and in the vault/hanger.

Could something be provided here? For an example, allows us to view what an avatar has both fitted to their ship, but also whats in their hold AND their vault, along with level and quality ?

It would allow us with many vault toons to view/search for items without having to log in each vault toon all the time, AND would reduce the massive amount of paper work I have, i.e. notes listing what is on each vault etc.
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, this could be done easily with an ASP .NET or PHP page. A client program of some sort to read it would be more complicated though. Also, Slayerman is working on an Armory; cargo and vault are likely to be implemented there, at least eventually.

In the mean time, I could whip up a small script to dump the most interesting character data to some text format. Were you looking for something in XML, CSV, etc.?
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1300042556' post='36410']In the mean time, I could whip up a small script to dump the most interesting character data to some text format. Were you looking for something in XML, CSV, etc.?[/quote]sql ? ;-)

I can get that already CDel, I was looking at it from a players prospective....

What we dont want though is for anyone to be able to see what another player has in their vault...

And CSV would be fine.

i also suggest communicating with the emu server through rpc, soap or other service methods.

that way, the tool you want to code maybe be in php, asp or other web language, and the tool can be simply a site, without the need for any other tool or auxiliary programs.

another way would be, instead of coding the emu server to accept these services, just have the web interface at net-7.org do it for you, getting the data accessible to external servers directly via the HTTP server, which likely is more reliable.

this is a modern way of doing things.
a lot of sites are deployed, for example in drupal, to accept these kind of services right out of the box, allowing other sites, for example also in drupal, to get data from them, provided they give authentication first (or not).

the data can be anything - strings, xml, csv, sql. it's dependent on the service selected. many transfer it as xml.

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1300043006' post='36411']
sql ? ;-)
[/quote]
lol :(

[quote name='Ranko' timestamp='1300044188' post='36415']
I can get that already CDel, I was looking at it from a players prospective....

What we dont want though is for anyone to be able to see what another player has in their vault...

And CSV would be fine.
[/quote]
You mean the Armory? That's going to be public, and will be very permission-controlled.

[quote name='LPCA' timestamp='1300045677' post='36418']
i also suggest communicating with the emu server through rpc, soap or other service methods.

that way, the tool you want to code maybe be in php, asp or other web language, and the tool can be simply a site, without the need for any other tool or auxiliary programs.

another way would be, instead of coding the emu server to accept these services, just have the web interface at net-7.org do it for you, getting the data accessible to external servers directly via the HTTP server, which likely is more reliable.

this is a modern way of doing things.
a lot of sites are deployed, for example in drupal, to accept these kind of services right out of the box, allowing other sites, for example also in drupal, to get data from them, provided they give authentication first (or not).

the data can be anything - strings, xml, csv, sql. it's dependent on the service selected. many transfer it as xml.
[/quote]
I'm thinking I'll just write a quick PHP page to take an account and/or avatar ID and API key via GET, and assuming that all checks out, return XML or CSV formatted character data.
  • Upvote 1