net7 launch tool does not exist on desktop or C:\Net7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe

Hi, i am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit with all latest patches running KIS 2010 firewall. when i install the game i first install the client to default directory, then patch the release launcher. i then install net 7. however when this is completed i see no shortcut on the desktop (as when i did this under XP) and launchnet7 does not seem to exist at all. i have tried going to C:\Net7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe but this also does not exist. all installation programs were run under admin mode, i have tried reinstalling multiple times and using the regular launcher. however i presume this directs to the "dead" official EA patcher.

any ideas?

thanks.

Hi, i am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit with all latest patches running KIS 2010 firewall. when i install the game i first install the client to default directory, then patch the release launcher. i then install net 7. however when this is completed i see no shortcut on the desktop (as when i did this under XP) and launchnet7 does not seem to exist at all. i have tried going to C:\Net7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe but this also does not exist. all installation programs were run under admin mode, i have tried reinstalling multiple times and using the regular launcher. however i presume this directs to the "dead" official EA patcher.

any ideas?

thanks.

Tis very odd, the install path is correct but in the code it should name it all in lower case, though windows shouldn't see a difference in the "Net7" and the "net7" of our install path, as far as I know all versions of windows are case insensitive.

The path programmed in for installation is <SystemDrive>:\net7\

It looks like you installed Net7 Tools (the developer tools), and not the Net7 Launcher. Use one of the links in this thread to download the actual game launcher, then you should be up and running.

Correct. Developer tools only work if you have access to use them. They are for those looking to run their own server who want to modify them to make use of them.