NET 7 Launcher no longer opens correctly after update

I started the launcher today to have it download and everything was fine, I quit the game for a couple of hours and tried to launch the game again but now the launcher appears to open off screen so I can't start the game.

I deleted the Net7 folder and reinstalled (btw the download links on the site don't work any more) and it worked perfectly, asked me to update so I did. restarted the launcher and its not opening correctly again. It says its open but I can't see it and I can't move or resize it on to the screen.

Anyone got any ideas? I can't find anything in the registry that defines how or where it opens, normally it just opens dead center on the screen but now it could be opening in Mars for all I know

I started the launcher today to have it download and everything was fine, I quit the game for a couple of hours and tried to launch the game again but now the launcher appears to open off screen so I can't start the game.

I deleted the Net7 folder and reinstalled (btw the download links on the site don't work any more) and it worked perfectly, asked me to update so I did. restarted the launcher and its not opening correctly again. It says its open but I can't see it and I can't move or resize it on to the screen.

Anyone got any ideas? I can't find anything in the registry that defines how or where it opens, normally it just opens dead center on the screen but now it could be opening in Mars for all I know

Right-click on the LaunchNet7 icon in the taskbar (Shift+Right-Click for Windows 7) and select "Maximize", then close and reopen the launcher. Every so often, the launcher saves it's previous position totally wrong and this happens, sorry for the trouble.

Another solution that always works for me when this happens is to delete the shortcut and make a new one directly from the Net-7\bin folder for LaunchNet7.exe

Not sure to be honest what causes it myself, but running it directly from the exe makes it work without any other step (in my experiences when i've had it happen)

Another solution that always works for me when this happens is to delete the shortcut and make a new one directly from the Net-7\bin folder for LaunchNet7.exe

Not sure to be honest what causes it myself, but running it directly from the exe makes it work without any other step (in my experiences when i've had it happen)

You're right, I believe that would work by changing the working directory you open the launcher in, but it also might mix you up a bit if it's using different settings files for the desktop and C:Net7\bin.

I don't know why it happens either. It must be some quirk in the settings saving code. When we switch to registry keys instead of clunky .NET XML settings, it will hopefully become a thing of the past.