Some newbie questions

First of all I want to say thanks to you guys for bringing back this game. I believe I discovered it about a month before it was shut down. Man does this bring back memories.

Any way here are my questions.

1. I have a PW, when killing NPCs do I want to take on ones close to my combat lvl or my overall lvl?

2. When can I start taking jobs from the terminals? So far everytime I've tried I get mission not available.

3. My current overall lvl is 19, where do I go for missions? I went to the planet in Galina? To talk to the gene witch but can't seem to get any missions other than one for an ore of some kind (can't remember the name of the ore).

I think that's about it for now. Thanks in advance for any help.

First of all I want to say thanks to you guys for bringing back this game. I believe I discovered it about a month before it was shut down. Man does this bring back memories.

Any way here are my questions.

1. I have a PW, when killing NPCs do I want to take on ones close to my combat lvl or my overall lvl?

2. When can I start taking jobs from the terminals? So far everytime I've tried I get mission not available.

3. My current overall lvl is 19, where do I go for missions? I went to the planet in Galina? To talk to the gene witch but can't seem to get any missions other than one for an ore of some kind (can't remember the name of the ore).

I think that's about it for now. Thanks in advance for any help.

1. Close to your CL...likely above it :)

2. You can take a terminal job up to 15 levels above your overall level. The lowest jobs are 50...so you have to be level 35 overall.

3. See the gene witch for your level 30 HU mission. I cannot remember what other missions I had prior to that.

If you keep your levels somewhat balanced (15/13/18 or 30/35/27 and such) a PW can usually kill stuff 2-3 CLs above their own pretty easily. You can go higher, just depends on your levels and how good you are at playing.

As for missions, E&B isnt really a mission-for-XP kind of game. Its just about all grinding. Only difference is the grinding is somewhat enjoyable, unlike most grind based MMOs. You'll have missions for hull upgrades, and eventually storyline missions, and a few missions give nice items. Other than those you'll just grind mobs or jobs (repeatable missions).

Its just about all grinding

I do agree that this game is not a "do quests to level up" game, but shouldn't there be some balance between grinding and missions? Is this something we should work on so players can do quests to level up or grind? quests should be a little less fast than grinding though because they are usually more fun. In my opinion, it would be nice to be able to do quests when you get tired of grinding or to do grinding when you are tired of quests.

Honestly I dont know exactly what one should expect from this game...

when i get online....

I do a variety of things and at the lower levels its fun...cus you dont know whos gonna shoot at ya while your exploring new navs, or where to kill what. i just love being online and being a part of a guild makes you feel more secure and interact with most probably the best gaming community you could find.

you slowly level and start enjoying the game even more as you level...

Welcome to EnB Emu BTW

Uma

I didn't play very long in live, but there seemed to be so much more of a storyline attached to the game. I know storyline is something that is probably going to be added as we get further along, but I wouldn't want to see it be a requirement to level up. I like the ability to just grind it out and get to the same end point.

There are a cpl of things I thought should be mentioned to a new player:

That is building and mining. Of course, as a PW you cant do mining, and cant do much of building, but incase you have not tried these two aspects of the game, I suggest you give it a go with an explorer and a trader to see how you like it. Thats one of the things I love about EnB; there is substantive stuff you can do besides the combat. If you add these two activities to your EnB routine, you will likely enjoy EnB much more than you will by simply doing combat/job grinds alone.

Edited by irrelevant