Net-7 Launcher

Hi all! I'd really like to play EnB again. Been such a long time now since this game was alive.

I thought I installed everything correctly. Client, patch and launcher. When I start up the net-7 launcher tho it brings up the file directory and asks me to locate the EnB client.exe. I can't find this file anywhere in the EnB directory that was installed from that demo. Am I doing something wrong? Could someone explain how to properly set up the launcher for the first time. I've been having problems locating specific instructions.

Thanks! (Running Windows 7 64-bit home prem).

You will find it at the following address in your drives directory structure (if you used default installation paths for the game installer).

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

Hmm Ya missed a directory that he might have.

If your running XP this is what it should look like:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

If your running anything above XP, like Vista (*cough*Crap*cough*) or Win7 (Which I have no opinion on) it will look like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe

Edit: Sorry had to point out file structure differences to anyone that might not have computer experience. :(

Edited by Maniac

You will only see the (x86) variant to Program files on an OS installation that is 64 bit. Good rule of thumb, do you have more than 4 gigs of ram? If so you prolly have 64 bit OS unless the person who built and setup the PC wasn't very knowledgeable :(

Thank you for the help guys. I found the client last night. Felt kind of silly afterward. Thought I checked that folder. Anyway, now I have run into a new problem. The game launched and came up to the login screen that was in place when the game was alive. It wanted me to make an EA account, which I assume is because it is the same client?

I tried to login using the username and password I created with Net-7 (that's correct right?) The game then crashed. I followed the FAQ fix for this. I changed the client compatibility to XP SP 2 (even tho I'm running Windows 7?) And I then set the EBConfig resolution to 1600x900 (my screen resolution) and ran the performance test (which passed with flying colors).

Now when I run Net-7 launcher and click play, the proxy server connects and it says login successful, but the game does not launch. I'm not sure what has happened now. Please anyone, any further suggestions?

Thanks!

Thank you for the help guys. I found the client last night. Felt kind of silly afterward. Thought I checked that folder. Anyway, now I have run into a new problem. The game launched and came up to the login screen that was in place when the game was alive. It wanted me to make an EA account, which I assume is because it is the same client?

I tried to login using the username and password I created with Net-7 (that's correct right?) The game then crashed. I followed the FAQ fix for this. I changed the client compatibility to XP SP 2 (even tho I'm running Windows 7?) And I then set the EBConfig resolution to 1600x900 (my screen resolution) and ran the performance test (which passed with flying colors).

Now when I run Net-7 launcher and click play, the proxy server connects and it says login successful, but the game does not launch. I'm not sure what has happened now. Please anyone, any further suggestions?

Thanks!

Try logging out of your Windows account or restarting your computer - that will ensure you have no old instances of the client or net7proxy running, which should get the game to launch.

For the very first run of ENB there should be always this reg be done(don't know if the Launcher install does it):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 (this is Win 7, i believe for XP it is version 4.00)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration]

"Registered"=dword:00000001

Create this key in registry or take the whole in a text file and change the extension to .reg for a registry file. Double click it and confirm.

That will ensure that ENB don't ask you to create a new EA account.

greets

Hexergirl

For the very first run of ENB there should be always this reg be done(don't know if the Launcher install does it):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 (this is Win 7, i believe for XP it is version 4.00)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration]

"Registered"=dword:00000001

Create this key in registry or take the whole in a text file and change the extension to .reg for a registry file. Double click it and confirm.

That will ensure that ENB don't ask you to create a new EA account.

greets

Hexergirl

It's taken care of, at least going forward it will be. :)