Error on checking Server Status / Error creating the Web proxy

I think this might be the firewall or some other set-up here at my job, but I was wondering whether someone might be able to tell me whether there's a work-around... :P

Everything's installed, the client is updated.

The first time I opened Net7 it actually patched. Once I tried to play I began getting errors, so I eventually deleted and reinstalled Net7 and now it's not updating again. I get the following errors:

"Error on checking Server Status. This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems"

"Error creating the Web proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration setting"

It's Win XP Pro v.2002, with Service Pack 3; Windows updates are complete, including .NET.

Thank you! :D

anyone have any ideas about these two errors?

"Error on checking Server Status. This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems"

"Error creating the Web proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration setting"

Windows is up-to-date with SP3, NET and all other updates.

Hey Slayerman, thanks for your reply. This is what I get from a ping:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

H:\>ping play.net-7.org

Pinging play.net-7.org [217.160.5.19] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 217.160.5.19: bytes=32 time=98ms TTL=115

Ping statistics for 217.160.5.19:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 98ms, Maximum = 98ms, Average = 98ms

H:\>

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

I'm still having the same issue but thought I'd wait to bug ya till after the new server was up. I reinstalled EnB, added a new download of the patch and Net7 and am still receiving the following error as soon as I start up Net7: "Error on Checking Server Status: This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems."

Also getting errors:

- "Error on checking Server Status. This operation is only supported on Windows 2000 SP3 or later operating systems"

- "Error creating the Web proxy specified in the 'system.net/defaultProxy' configuration setting"

It's Win XP Pro v. 5.1, with Service Pack 3; Windows updates are complete, including .NET.

Again, this is my work comp.... ;)

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Habe you selected any compatability modes on the launcher? (Windows 98 maybe?)

Hey Slayerman, thanks a lot for this suggestion. A while ago I tried to follow instructions in another thread and I gather that I didn't change the compatibility back to none. I'm now in-game and playing without this issue.

Thanks a lot!!!! :)