Running Earth and Beyond Emulator in Linux Login problems

I don't know how many people play this game on linux but i hope you guys can help.

I have been trying to get the game to log on. I have gotten the LaunchNet7 updated and when i run it, it starts the game right up. Then i get to the login screen, and i get this error message:

EA.com is temporarily unavailable. This may be due to routine server maintenance or a problem with your ISP. Please check your ISP connection or try again later. (INV-300)

I know it isn't the ISP because i have another computer running the same exact program and i can login and play.

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 on a Gateway laptop. I am also using wine 1.3.9.

I hope you guys can shed some light on my situation. If i posted this in the wrong place, i am very sorry. I thank you for all your help. I have also attached a picture of the LaunchNet7 program for you to look at my setting. I thank you again.

post-17742-065999500 1293258651_thumb.pn

post-17742-065999500 1293258651_thumb.pn

There may be helpful information for you here:

https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/66-linuxmaybe-macwine-install-guide/

Sorry I can't do much better than that, as I'm not much of a linux guy myself. Good luck.

I looked up that topic and followed the instructions and reinstalled the game but i just can't get net-7 to update. I get this screen:

post-17742-071673000 1293320019_thumb.pn

Is there any way to fix this in windows or tell me what you would do if this was a windows computer, it would give me some info about how to fix this problem. I thank you for your help.

I looked up that topic and followed the instructions and reinstalled the game but i just can't get net-7 to update. I get this screen:

Is there any way to fix this in windows or tell me what you would do if this was a windows computer, it would give me some info about how to fix this problem. I thank you for your help.

That's a pretty vague message, unfortunately. All it tells me is that there was an error getting a file from the patch server, probably either (or both of) the patch file list or patch version number. Are you definitely connected to the internet while doing this? Do you have any VPN software running or any software which creates a virtual network adapter? Try disabling any network adapters which don't reach the internet. Also, do you have the latest version of mono?

i can't even get the launcher to work ... all i get is an error "Collecting from unknown thread"

I haven't a clue what that means, you're using wine and mono right?

i have that package installed. i got copied the files over from my windows computer for the net7 and got it to come to the login screen in the game. but that is as far as i got.

Are you then getting the INV-300 error?

wine is probably complaining about invalid certificate for play.net-7.org domain and rejects it. either wrong domain or self-signed reason. cert is for local.net-7.org domain which you might want to use in launcher (they have same ip) or you could just use older wine for EnB ... ummm.. forgot what version was it exactly. search my old posts.