Crashes to Desktop

Hi,

I get to the log in screen. I log in. Screen goes black like video is trying to load something then it shuts off and I'm back at my desktop with that DOS window still trying to do something, then that DOS window closes.

It was working before, just an hour ago too.

I am running a Linksys wireless router through ComCast box. I have 3 pc and 2 laptop hooked up. I can run EnB on Laptop just fine but not on this tower I am typing on, now.

I read the FAQ here, I did the EBconfig.exe file thingy and tested the video resolution which worked fine. The EnB intro video plays fine. I have DX 2006/2007/2008/and DX10 installed. Fresh installed of VISTAS here too with 110 updates done.

Got Flash installed.

Everything is "Run as Administrator" too.

At a lost now.

Thanks.

You are not alone. I am having the same problem today. As soon as client attempts to log in it crashes.

*Update*

I have just done a system restore and removed the last update for Win 7 and the game is running fine again. Coincidence or something in the patch I cant say?

*Update 2" Reinstalled the update called Windows Live Essentials 2011 KB2434419 and once again the client crashes to desktop on attempting to log in. This is a win 7 update (running win7 Home premium here) Uninstalled the update and game is back to running fine . So for me at least the update is absolutely causing some conflict

I am having the same issue on my Win7 Ult 64 bit PC.

The only way I am able to play is by doing a Force Update (Help -> Advanced Settings -> Force Update, then restart the launcher) each time I launch the game.

Tried looking for the Windows Live Essentials update that Stranks mentioned, but I don't have that.

Running Win7 64 bit Professional, did the Windows Live 2011 update and game still runs fine. To be truthful I didn't do the full update, it gave me the option to download the full windows live 2011, or to download the update just for the programs I already had installed and I chose the latter option and I didn't take the time to see how many applications I actually have installed but I'm guessing not many.

Well, I've been trying for about 30min to login and I keep getting CTD on login screen (just as you accept password)...

I give up for now :x

edit: game been working fine for a week before today

Edited by Ced

Update to this:

I uninstalled everything and reinstalled and it worked.

Then I went to play with the enbconfig.exe file, playing with the resolution settings and everything went BOINKED again.

I gave up.

I blame:

1 the game couldn't initialized the video driver to work with my 32" HDMI TV/monitor.

2 the client OR Windows.

-----------------------

I left that tower and went to play on my laptop.

Everything worked fine....until I downloaded the Character and Ship creator.

Then I CTD after log in.

Tried re-patching through launcher and got downloaded netproxy.exe HASH does NOT macth server's.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Re-installed 4x.....SAME ERROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1