Why are the forums and websites hosted on

Hi... just curious... but it seems that when the game servers go down (or the webservers)... everything goes down all at once... sorta the

We have all our eggs in one basket proverb...

Last I heard money from dontations was not really an issue... so why not just host the forums and any websites you support on a different server... I mean for $10 a month you can get webspace and for $25 a month you can get reseller space (aka Hostgator who hosts ~2% of the internet) with a company that will not only back everything up (so we do not lose all forum data in the event of a crash - not that it would happen :) ), but will also have backup servers in multiple locations to keep everything running...

When the game server goes down so does all communication... dont get me wrong I appreciate all the work, but sometimes it just seems like there are mgmt issues that make things harder than they should be...

Guest Icepick

I agree Avani. I was thinking along the same lines earlier when I couldn't log on for several hours. 'Why are both down at the same time? This really makes communication inefficient.'

I don't understand why it's been set up this way. Seems myoptic to me. I hope someone realizes this as more than an inconvenience and shifts the forums elsewhere before we become so entrenched here it becomes too burdensome.

The development server that housed the forums and account creation had HDD crash about 10 days ago. Everything was ported to the live server to be going along with. Give them time to get the backup server fixed and set up.

I agree Avani. I was thinking along the same lines earlier when I couldn't log on for several hours. 'Why are both down at the same time? This really makes communication inefficient.'

I don't understand why it's been set up this way. Seems myoptic to me. I hope someone realizes this as more than an inconvenience and shifts the forums elsewhere before we become so entrenched here it becomes too burdensome.

guys.. the servers were NOT down.. it was/is a DNS-problem which got ZERO to do with either the forums or the gameserver.

Hmm I thought all DNS issues were resolved by moving to a dedicated DNS host. Incidentally play.net-7.org > 87.106.15.95

www.enb-emulator.com > 87.106.15.95 so it would seem to be the same server unless some NAPT occurs.

Hmm I thought all DNS issues were resolved by moving to a dedicated DNS host. Incidentally play.net-7.org > 87.106.15.95

www.enb-emulator.com > 87.106.15.95 so it would seem to be the same server unless some NAPT occurs.

yes, but the servers were up all the time.. we played and posted on the forums.. just the dns-zonefiles were screwed up.

Before that dns issue though, the dev server went down, had their dev version of game, and the original forums on it. There's a post by devs about it somewhere, stating they recreated THIS forums on same as live server until can get 2nd server back up and running.

Hi... just curious... but it seems that when the game servers go down (or the webservers)... everything goes down all at once... sorta the

We have all our eggs in one basket proverb...

Last I heard money from donations was not really an issue... so why not just host the forums and any websites you support on a different server... I mean for $10 a month you can get web-space and for $25 a month you can get reseller space (aka Hostgator who hosts ~2% of the INTERNET) with a company that will not only back everything up (so we do not lose all forum data in the event of a crash - not that it would happen :P ), but will also have backup servers in multiple locations to keep everything running...

When the game server goes down so does all communication... don't get me wrong I appreciate all the work, but sometimes it just seems like there are mgmt issues that make things harder than they should be...

Hi there! In response to your concerns about the forums and other items we are hosting the Forum / FTP and the Development Tools ! Plus our Development Game is all hosted on the BRAND NEW Server that we just acquired so there is plenty of Ram and processor power to run all at the same time ! We will be getting another Server that matches the 1 we just Leased some time in February when our lease runs out on the smaller unit that we are leasing now ! at that time the play server will be going on the newly acquired server it will be really nice with all the ram and processing power 8 cores of processing power ! { NICE }

So please bear with us as the team is trying to give you the best experience that we can !!You have to remember that these guys have jobs also just like you and families< So it takes time to implement all the wounderful things that you would and should see ingame ! But just think as of a short couple of months ago there was no E@B as we know it to play ! So please have some understanding and patiance as we as a team are trying verey hard to get this all together and running smoothly for your enjoyment and smooth gameplay ! Yours truley E@B Emulator Team Satanicexhile D/DGM :P Anyone who have files and screenies of the game can upload them to me see me in TS/3 Thanks !