Ore field patterns

I have noticed that asteroid and hulk fields spawn in two distinct patterns: circular and rumbled up.

When the server starts up some fields seem to make a random choice between the two patterns and stay that way until the server restarts again. One time the field may be circular another time it may be rumbled up.

I am not really liking the rumbled up pattern at the moment for a couple of reasons.

1. Rumbled up fields seem to spawn asteroids and hulks within 5-10k of the central xyz position.

2. Asteroids and hulks can spawn up or down the z-axis beyond sector depth.

The first problem means that the asteroids and hulks spawn in a tight cluster.

The second problem means that there is no way to warp straight to an asteroid or hulk. It usually ends up with the warp flight bouncing on the depth floor or ceiling. It would be great if rumbled pattern fields could get some love.

Perhaps the asteroids and hulks can be spread out relatively more on the X and Y co-ordinates making the rumbled pattern more like a circular but thick pancake. And limit the Z position to be not more than 1k inside sector depth to allow warp to go straight to the asteroid or hulk.

B)

Edited by Lot

Mmm... Pancakes... I have an IHOP craving now... :P

I'm not a big fan of the rings... It just seems so out of place and manufactured. I dunno... It just irks me for some reason. It is easy to make sure you've cleared a field however I'll give you that. B)

Rumbled up wouldn't be so bad if the warp ceilings weren't so constricted. Wasn't it +/-10 z-axis back in live? Maybe get the ceilings increased and then get the rumbled up fields centered at 0 z-axis with a +/- 0 to 9.5 spawn radius from that point.

Is there a formula that places the roids or is it a template?

First off, I am just grateful to have the fields and the game and the valueable time of those working on it. Thank you all who have recreated it.

Yes, the tight field is a pain, but, things like lag and re-introducing certain MOBs and devices I would also like to see.

The glass is half full; thank you.