Cannot find server

LaunchNet7 (1.8.9) fails checking for updates, loading the notes page, and reads "play.net-7.org" as offline after notifying me that the "address" parameter cannot be null. Changing the address to 217.160.5.19 returns an "online" status, but Net7proxy starts and closes after several seconds without launching the game client. Accessing 217.160.5.19 in a web browser returns a generic "database error" page, so apparently the server is technically running. I have tried "ipconfig /flushdns" and restarting my router to no avail. Are there server troubles afoot, or is it just me?

87.106.15.95 enb-emulator.com

87.106.15.95 patch.net-7.org

87.106.15.95 enbpatch.net-7.org

87.106.15.95 www.net-7.org

217.160.5.19 play.net-7.org

217.160.5.19 local.net-7.org

Put those entries in your hosts file. Run the EnB\NET7\bin\hosts.bat file as an administrator to load your hosts file up. drop the entries in at the very end. Save it and go :P

Do remember thou. you WILL need to remove them in future as the DEVS may change the server addresses. This is a Temp patch while DNS issues are ongoing.

:edit: added patch server and local to allow login.

enbpatch.net-7.org should also be in there but i have no ip for that server. :)

To disable this. Either delete the entries or just put a # infront of the line.

#87.106.15.95 enb-emulator.com

If you are not having problems Do not do this patch as if the devs move the server you will not be able to connect.

Ingame are saying they are connecting fine now without needing to patch.

zonefiles are what dns servers use to translate website domain names to their ip addresses (if memory serves)...

they update automatically at a prescribed time interval, so I can only assume that since enb does everything (and I am just guessing here) that since enbem does everything on their own servers that when the server crashes it does not respond and the record goes blank...

so when the server comes back up your computer has no way to find the domain... which is why the above poster said to add the record to your hosts file

zonefiles are what dns servers use to translate website domain names to their ip addresses (if memory serves)...

they update automatically at a prescribed time interval, so I can only assume that since enb does everything (and I am just guessing here) that since enbem does everything on their own servers that when the server crashes it does not respond and the record goes blank...

so when the server comes back up your computer has no way to find the domain... which is why the above poster said to add the record to your hosts file

its got nothing to do with any server dying.. dns has nothing to do with enb or the forums itself. someone just screwed up a zonefile, or the primary dns for the zome died.

again this got nothing to with the game or the webserver.

well I guess this is just confusing to some of us... I have been running websites for over 10 years, and I am just confused as to where the redundancy is... I mean how does someone screw up a zonefile... you set it and forget it and it just propagates all over the place... seems like a lotta dns failures lately...

again I appreciate all the devs have/are doing to bring enb back to life... but no one can be a know it all... so if dns is there weak spot, just trying to toss out some ideas...

87.106.15.95 enb-emulator.com

87.106.15.95 patch.net-7.org

87.106.15.95 enbpatch.net-7.org

87.106.15.95 www.net-7.org

217.160.5.19 play.net-7.org

217.160.5.19 local.net-7.org

Updated the server list now DNS seems to have stopped playing silly buggers. Oddly my local.net-7.org returns a loopback address of 127.0.0.1 This however stops me logging in. so for now i'm leaving my patch in place.

play and local need to be set as such or it fails logging in.