Reverse Thrust

Trylobyte

Being a TE that relies quite heavily on speed and maneuverability to avoid taking large amounts of damage, I've lately noticed a problem. Namely, it takes forever to switch from forward thrust to reverse, and that's because forward and reverse thrust don't negate each other. What do I mean by this? Simple - Going in full reverse doesn't slow your forward speed any faster than simply leaving your engines off, and the same is true when you want to go forward and are currently going backwards. If your top speed gets close to the limit (Mine is 1000 on my TE) then it can take you about 10 seconds to go from full speed ahead to coast to a full stop - This would be halved if reverse actually helped slow you down.

It would be helpful, and a bit realistic, if engaging the engines in the opposite direction helped bring you to a stop faster than just letting it coast.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

While we are at it... I'd like to see the Terran Scout given some inherent defensive modifiers (like evasion) that allow it to roll for MOBs to miss a slightly higher percentage of their attacks, as a factor of "maneuverability".

With the same sort of visual effect like the same effect you'd have with a CL25 player or a CL50 player using L4 weapons vs. a L60 MOB.