Build Lists will not Load

I am not sure if this is related to the know proxy problems or not - so thought I would post it.

My main character has extensive build lists - over 750 items overall. Some build group will not load at all and all of them take a while. I am not the only one having this problem but it seems to be worse with me. When it happens I get no change updates, etc though others can see me if I type a message in chat.

I can get Shields, Engines, Projectiles, MLs, and comps to load though there is a noticeable delay in the process.

I cannot get Devices (in which I have over 300 prints) to load ever, and most of the time beams also time out (only 90 prints in beams).I have let devices load for over 20min to see if it was just taking a long time and nothing.

I get no proxy errors (Opcode, etc) hence why I am unsure if the proxy is the problem or not.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

I did a rough count on my TT and he has 311 devices - my eyes got crossed a few times trying to count all the ticks on my spreadsheet so give or take. I'd heard that you were having issues downloading devices in the terminal and I feared it would also soon happen to me. Well ... it hasn't started happening to me.

My TT also has >150 beam prints too and no problem in the terminal.

:)

A simple question for you Lannister:

Do you use the UDP packet optimization option, or not?

Probably the next question depending on that answer is do you know if you have packet loss on your Internet connection?

Edited by Lot

A simple question for you Lannister:

Do you use the UDP packet optimization option, or not?

Probably the next question depending on that answer is do you know if you have packet loss on your Internet connection?

I have tried with and without UDP packet optimization - it makes no real difference. I have verified my ISPs MTU as well, so I know I should have no problem with have packet optimization on.

You may be onto something on the packet loss. If I ping play.net-7.org from my PC I do get some packet loss. I did a couple of 100 count ping tests and come up with between 2% and 50%. I did try the same test from a couple of servers I have at a hosting center and they were able ping without an issue.

I guess a call to my ISP is needed. Strange that if there is that much packet loss it would not have a great impact on the game. Also strange that this occured about the same time as the latest proxy update.

My experience with UDP packet optimization is that without it turned on, downloading recipes into the terminal can take a very long time. With it turned on the download takes a couple of seconds and everything else speeds up, for example: docking, changing sectors, opening a vendor.

It may not be the proxy either - a guild mate pretty much stopped playing because he claimed there was packet loss inside 1 & 1's network. It made the game impossible for him to play any more. I guess it depends on luck which route you happen to use through 1 & 1 land.

Edited by Lot

I definitely notice a difference (for the worse) if packet optimization is not enabled.

In addition to that, though, I will also click the "none" (or whatever it is, I'm not in-game right now) to null out the list and then click the level(s) I'm looking to build for that session. Perhaps it's more psychological than it is real but it seems like limiting my list in this way causes it to load faster.

Well I will defiantly keep the packet optimization on then - seems people are of various opinions on if it helps stability.

The packet loss is troubling - and your point about it being in the oneandone network I think is valid. I was able to do some traceroutes from multiple servers and multiple locations and find that I am not the only one with packet loss. In fact every time I had packet loss the traceroute showed the connection going through these two hops:

8 141 ms 141 ms 147 ms 146.82.54.42

9 144 ms 145 ms 156 ms te-1-3.bb-c.bap.rhr.de.oneandone.net [212.227.12]

This looks to be the link between oneandone and Global Crossing. I believe that, or someplace near it, is the specific link where there is packet loss.

Can someone at Net-7.com engage oneandone on this? It doesn't sound as if it is isolated to me. I would be happy to provide any details such as traceroute, pint outputs, logs, etc.