Mob specific drops

Adder007USA

I recently just started a TE, and I noticed the starting zone has changed quite a bit. I remember the shipyards were scuttle infested, and the scrap yard had a bunch of drones of some kind...haywires, I think?

The changes I don't mind, it's still the wonderful game I know and love, but I am dissapointed in the fact that this change has deprived me of one of the best drops in that zone. The "Needlenose's slingbeam" was an awesome level 1 beam weapon that I always picked up to trade to friends starting as jenquai, as it's quite powerful for a level 1 beam. The problem is that "needlenose" is now a kind of bio mob swarming the scrap field, so the thing doesn't drop anymore.

It would be really great if you guys could make sure you don't forget any of these special items from named mobs, they added flavor to the game, and were a great economy booster as well for some of the more powerful ones.

I recently just started a TE, and I noticed the starting zone has changed quite a bit. I remember the shipyards were scuttle infested, and the scrap yard had a bunch of drones of some kind...haywires, I think?

The changes I don't mind, it's still the wonderful game I know and love, but I am dissapointed in the fact that this change has deprived me of one of the best drops in that zone. The "Needlenose's slingbeam" was an awesome level 1 beam weapon that I always picked up to trade to friends starting as jenquai, as it's quite powerful for a level 1 beam. The problem is that "needlenose" is now a kind of bio mob swarming the scrap field, so the thing doesn't drop anymore.

It would be really great if you guys could make sure you don't forget any of these special items from named mobs, they added flavor to the game, and were a great economy booster as well for some of the more powerful ones.

The Needlenose Slingbeam can be found in low level hulks now. All 3 explorer classes have hulks in their starting areas, so the beam is still available. The Glimmerbeam is as well.