TE, JT, and PT... are they here?

One of the aspects of Earth and Beyond I always wanted were the three missing classes... the Terran Explorer, the Jenquai Trader, and the Progen Trader. Personally, I want to play the Terran Explorer... a trader who prospects? My two favorite parts of this game? BLISS! :) And when this game went emulator, and they said "We're bringing these three classes in," I was overjoyed!

But when I loaded the game up, they were nowhere to be found on the selection list. Did I miss something? Do I need to download a patch or something? Is there an icon I didn't see? Please give me any insight on this. I really want to try these classes out.

Thanks. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

One of the aspects of Earth and Beyond I always wanted were the three missing classes... the Terran Explorer, the Jenquai Trader, and the Progen Trader. Personally, I want to play the Terran Explorer... a trader who prospects? My two favorite parts of this game? BLISS! :) And when this game went emulator, and they said "We're bringing these three classes in," I was overjoyed!

But when I loaded the game up, they were nowhere to be found on the selection list. Did I miss something? Do I need to download a patch or something? Is there an icon I didn't see? Please give me any insight on this. I really want to try these classes out.

You need to download the Character and Starship Creator Here. (If the link isn't working properly, it's in the download section of the forums).

Main thing to remember is to right click on the desktop shortcut and add -noclassrestrictions to the target path. Once the creator is started use the arrows at the bottom of the screen to cycle through the classes to choose one of the new classes. Make sure to create the new character in a slot that is open on your in-game character select screen, otherwise it won't show up as it will NOT overwrite a slot that is already occupied.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Cobra

Yes they are here. There are several things you need to do. Read all of this:

First, you need to go to the Download section of these forms and get the "Character and Ship Builder" exe program. This is a separate program that creates characters just like the game downs when you launch it. You will see that it has 5 slots to create characters in and it is important that when you run it that you only create characters in open slots. Meaning, say you created 3 characters already in the main game, taking up the first 3 slots. If you use the Character and ship builder and make a character in any of those first 3 slots, you will not see that character when you launch the game. However, if when you run the Character and Ship Builder, you make the new character in the 4th or 5th slot, when you launch the game you will see your original 3 characters in slots 1-3 AND that character in the 4th or 5th slot that you made in the Character and Ship Builder..kapeesh?

Second

After you do doawnload the Character and Ship Builder, it will add a desktop icon to launch the Character and Ship Builder. You need to add a switch to the target path in order to get the 3 new classes. To do this, right click desktop icon, go to properties. You should see a "target path" on the general tab. Go to the end of what's in that box after the quotes and type a single space, then:

-noclassrestrictions

then click apply and ok. After that, use that shortcut to start your character creator

Third...and here is the kicker. You will still only see the original 6 choices as buttons for the classes. HOWEVER, if you use the arrows at the bottom of the page to scroll thru the classes, you will see the 3 new classes in there as well. Not there will be no audio describing them but they are there.

Yes, the Terran Scout, Jenquai Seeker and Progen Privateer are in-game and usable with their very own individual starting areas. They are quite fun to play with each adding just a little something to their faction. For instance, Proggies now have a reactor builder in the PP.

The TS is my own favorite. TS is the fastest class in the game with Afterburn, can mine, has negotiate and can use missiles.

Love playing my little Terran Explorer. She hasn't got the punch the Enforcer has but can get out of harms way very handily. Haven't played in awhile what with the demands of family and work but hoping to find the server back in operation soon. :)