Jumpstart Alterations

I've started playing my JE and noticed that currenty jumpstart is not working as it was inlive, as it stands at this time, you have to have a certain level of jumpstart to get a player up again, which is quite a pain when you see someone down and can not res them. The way jumpstart 'should work:-

The lvl of hull upgrade you are jumpstarting requires more reactor power (preventing low lvl players resing high lvl players).

The higher the lvl of Jumpstart the higher the chance of a successful res (This ties into power again, as the more failures you have, the more power you are using).

The higher the lvl of jumpstart the more hull you res with (making higher lvl res more desireable).

The higher the lvl of jumpstart the less xp debt you have (making higher lvl res more desireable).

On live many JE's only used lvl 1 JS even at the high levels, especially since JE's have so many useful skills to put points into as it is! Currently, the emulator is putting the jumpstart restriction on the actual jumpstart level, this should not be the case. Due to the ammount of reactor power a high level hull needs to jumpstart, a low lvl player could not rex a high lvl player, thus stopping people abusing low lvl alt JE's for this purpose.

I really think this change would increase the number of jumpstarts available on the server (which is important with low server population) whilst at the same time free up skill points for explorers, which are in short supply already.

Hope all of that made sence?

• Upvote 2

Yes, i leveled my JS really late because the other skills were more important to me.

So i often JS'ed high-level players with JS level 2. They just had not many hitpoints

after JS. ;) And i had some trys til it was successful. :)

Means yes, you are right there was no level restriction.

greets

Hexergirl

what lvl can a je j/s themselves? i have l3 j/s skill but it won't let me j/s myself if im dead.

You should be able to self-JS provided you have sufficent power. Target yourself, and use the battery icon in the target window. Do not use the one in your shortcuts to self-JS. If you have sufficent JS relative to your hull level, you should be able to JS yourself. Provided you have sufficent power in your reactor. Also agree with OP that you could JS hulls over your JS level, but the likelyhood of failure was increased, and it cost more energy.

Unless something was changed in a later patch, I seem to remember there being a correlation between JS level and Player LvL being JS'd.

I believe LvL 4 JS was needed to barely JS a LvL 150.

Shadz