Character Planner

Currently using a PP OL72 (20/22/30), my next hull upgrade is in 3 levels, I have used all the available skill points up to now and am trying to plan out the next few levels. I'm not sure of the lvl75 HU missions if it will be requiring me to take on any mobs that are cl25 or higher. I am using lvl 4 bayonets (lvl 5 is 4 cl's away), I have PM 200% lvl 5 Nero reactor, PM 200% lvl 5 shields (can't remember which ones, they have like a 1200+ cap) and a lvl 3 breton engine (the 250 extra warp for lvl 4 wasn't enough to make me want to upgrade my engine tech yet) with the lvl 3 RR+ device. The other 2 devices that I'm using are just tractor beam buffs.

Here is my concern: I wanted to pick up the last few cl's before the 75 HU just in case I do have to go after some 25+ mobs because currently I can take about a 23 or 24 one on one and can get through it taking slight damage to my hull (by the time I get the mob down to about half its hull, I don't have enough reactor left to recharge my shields). I've tried taking on some cl25 RD's, I can take down their shields almost all the way, then have to warp away to allow my reactor to recharge enough to go back in there and finish the job. I figure if I can get up to lvl 5 PL's would make these mobs a lot easier. I was trying to level up taking on cl20 scuttlebugs in shep, but invariably a 25 RD always shows up and chases me out. I was taking on 18 and 19 Zenshai in Fenris, but the respawn takes a couple minutes on those and I get bored too easily to keep on that task.

Here is where I need the advice: Do I do more explore and trade until I get to OL80 and pick up the lvl 6 reactor and shields to make it all easier? Am I missing a device that helps with the reactor recharge? Am I concerning myself too much about the lvl 75 HU and should just get the last 3 lvls EL and TL and go do it even though I'm still on lvl 4 PL's?

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

If you're truly using a lvl 5 shield, then 1200 cap is way too low. Consider finding yourself a lvl 5 waterloo shield and use the shunt on it to help you reactor regen. Also if your devices are at lvl 3, then you're only choice there is to get a lowbie guardian device (to help with your shield recharge) and a blood device for reactor recharge.

You'll pick up 6 more skill points on your way to OL75. If you can wait til OL76, then I'd say do that. That gives you 8 skill points total, so you can choose to up either engine to 5 or device to 5. Engine opens up Puk's Wing for you, Devices opens up the Ward of Living Stone as well as Taniwha/Tatsu's pride which will give you a nice boost to your dps.

IIRC, the bayonets at level 4 chew through a bit of reactor so you could consider scaling down to a lower dps gun that's higher reactor efficiency. Right now your goal isn't to burn stuff down fast, but to outlive them.

somer prasad till L75 will get you the most points... and then trade run as much as you can take it... I would suggest get trade to L45 and then let loot get you to tl50... once you get there then the rollover will make combat and explore fly... part of the points trick is to not max out your builds beyond your level to use the items... weapons first, then I would suggest shields... also dont fire with all weapons if you have reactor issues... keep one weapon off and you will have shield recharge energy... it might take a little longer to kill mobs but they wont get into your hull which will save you time and creds in the long run... as fuulish said... you cant burn em down... u gotta outlive them...

as for eng tech... you might wanna consider L4... its not about warp speed... its about impulse... that and an eagle wing or some other speed increase device...

Edited by Avani

If you're truly using a lvl 5 shield, then 1200 cap is way too low.

You are right, I was thinking of my lvl 4 shield, my lvl 5 is 2900+.

Thanks for the rest of the advice, it always seems like the most obvious answer is the one you never try, I never even thought about only firing two guns at a time to save reactor to keep the shield recharge up, was taking on some cl26's and 27's last night without an issue (well unless they had an emp beam)

I've got to spend more time on enb-arsenal or enb-database, I never had any characters higher than like OL60 in live before it got shut down, so I'm still learning about all the device buffs. WTB everything that Fuulish and Avani mentioned now.

Edited by Grendwal