Unhandled Exception has occured... Invalid Argument = Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'

I'm attempting to get the game to work for the first time. I have gotten a character created but I can't actualy get into the game.

Trying to redo the updates this morning and this is the error that I keep getting and I have no idea what I can do to fix it... Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Demitroy

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '5' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

at System.Windows.Forms.ListViewItem.ListViewSubItemCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.DoDisplayUpdateReport()

at LaunchNet7.FormUpdateReport.FormUpdateReport_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

LaunchNet7

Assembly Version: 1.9.8.1

Win32 Version: 1.9.8.1

CodeBase: file:///C:/NET7/bin/LaunchNet7.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3074 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Let's see...

New install of net7. You can create a character ( I am assuming you mean in Earth and Beyond and not Starship Creator), but fail when you try to enter the game with the character. The error dialog you cut and pasted is when you try to do a patch update or redo them

Can you try to force an update with the Net7 Launcher? Use the Launcher Menu Launcher > Reset updates

See if that helps.

***UPDATE***

Not sure what I did differently, but not long after posting that error I was able to get into the game. Been playing all day (loving being back btw).

Thanks DragonLady for looking at it.

Thanks to everyone who may have been doing research for the problems.

Demitroy

I ran into this same error when installing net7 installer 2. It patches a bit, restarts, and hits this error. Press continue, it patches some more, then hangs. you have to exit net7 and restart it, it runs fine from then. I don't remember what patch it was, but i had the same error on both of my computers when that patch came out. Maybe we need an updated version of the net7 installer to fix this.

I ran into this same error when installing net7 installer 2. It patches a bit, restarts, and hits this error. Press continue, it patches some more, then hangs. you have to exit net7 and restart it, it runs fine from then. I don't remember what patch it was, but i had the same error on both of my computers when that patch came out. Maybe we need an updated version of the net7 installer to fix this.

This error means that the list value in the drop down box/text field for the server isn't right. The drop down that lets you choose multi or single player, etc. Some values in that were changed around when we stopped using multiplayer and a new installer hasn't been released since then that starts with the files a little more up to date. In the case that you get this message when you start the launcher, select continue, then Launcher > Reset Updates; Launcher > Check for Updates

Launcher is where the File menu option would be on most programs. What DragonLady said is the best way to resolve this, also if you're on Vista or Seven you must run the launcher in Administrator mode. While most people assume that the default account is the admin, it is not. It is set as a primary group of Home User. You can change this in professional or above, but in the home and home premium versions of 7 for example, you need to always right click and run as admin, unless you've disabled UAC.