Net-7 update

When i updated to the newest patch, net-7 does not start.

Is it just me that have that problem?

I got an error only the first time it was restarted after the update but after that it starts fine..

I get another very annoying problem though.. about every 3:de time or so i gate or dock it just freezes on the loading screen and i have to use taskmanager to force shutdown game.. :D

Back to your problem.

If the launcher start you could try click on the "lancher" button on the top left and choose "reset updates" then it will ask if you wanto check for updates.

Go ahead and post the error, and also a screenshot of you can.

(Moving thread to Tech Support)

The error message occured right after the net7 launcher had updated (the latest patch) and did a automatic re-start of the launcher. The error message concerned net3.5 framework, but if you clicked ok, it went away, launcher works and message did not re-occur. I suspect it was some syntax related issue with the update.

Just my take

I got an error only the first time it was restarted after the update but after that it starts fine..

I get another very annoying problem though.. about every 3:de time or so i gate or dock it just freezes on the loading screen and i have to use taskmanager to force shutdown game.. :D

Freezing gating

25/03/10 22:31:29 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3507

25/03/10 22:31:29 >> Commence Login check

25/03/10 22:31:29 TCP connection on port 3500 closed gracefully

25/03/10 22:31:29 Sending Login packet - connection active

25/03/10 22:31:30 Sending data file 'GalaxyMap.dat'

25/03/10 22:31:34 >> Login check: Login OK

25/03/10 22:31:36 Sending StartAck to Server 14807

25/03/10 22:33:48 TCP connection on port 3801 was reset (< here i force closed game)

25/03/10 22:33:48 Client connections terminated

25/03/10 22:33:48 Client has terminated. Sending termination signal.

25/03/10 22:33:48 TCP connection on port 3500 was reset

Compared with a succesfull gating

25/03/10 22:30:33 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3515

25/03/10 22:30:33 >> Commence Login check

25/03/10 22:30:33 TCP connection on port 3500 closed gracefully

25/03/10 22:30:33 Sending Login packet - connection active

25/03/10 22:30:34 Sending data file 'GalaxyMap.dat'

25/03/10 22:30:38 >> Login check: Login OK

25/03/10 22:30:41 Sending StartAck to Server 14807

25/03/10 22:31:29 ---> Server handoff

25/03/10 22:31:29 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3507

Not related to this but i wanto ask how is it going with beeing able to have game on other then C:?

I wanto keep things away from where i have my OS.

It looks like the proxy isn't getting the sector handoff packet. A packet was probably dropped somewhere and never resent. This is a pretty common problem with comms at the moment. I don't think much can be done about this, it all depends on how often a packet will drop out between your computer and the server, which is outside your or our control. As server development progresses, this will get better because the server programmers will add more redundancy into the communication system.

Also, as the launcher goes, someone probably accidentally set the launcher to require .NET 3.5 instead of 2.0 this time when they built it.

I have a net7 update problem.

I reinstalled vista on my 2nd system (clean install, installed all updates, have turned user account control off, also have net7 and all enb exe to run in xp compatibility mode, as administrator). I used enbup to take the client to the final release version, installed net7, and started it.

The problem is when net7 is updating, it says current version: cannot be determined, new version: 52. It looks like it's updating fine (besides taking over an hour) gets to mixfile_art_14.mix, and then I get the error.

Update failed. Downloaded file is invalid. Hash of downloaded file and hash in server manifest does not match. File: C:\program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Data\client\mixfiles\mixfile_art_14.mix

I have tried several times (at more than an hour each try), and it fails the same spot each time. If I choose "ok" and retry, it gets to the same spot, same error. If I hit ok, and then skip, it will not launch. Net7 launches, everything looks ok, mvas running, launching enb, but enb never launches. I uninstalled enb, and removed net7, fresh install, same problem, same spot.

I would suggest going to the folder you installed Earth & Beyond into and renaming that file. Perhaps the launcher is having a problem overwriting it.