Getting started

Hi folks. Sorry to start off here but I'm having some issues installing.

I downloaded the 3 items as stated in the "how to install enb from scratch" thread. When I try to install the eandb_demo.exe I get a message saying I first need a product key from fileplanet. I've read to ignore that and so I simply click ok to continue. I then get a small blue box saying something about installation wizard initializing, immediately followed by this error:

"http//www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx Application not found." which is then followed by yet another error box stating "Could not execute the external program

http//www.fileplanet.com/betas/eandb.aspx".

I'm running windows vista and have disabled my UAC, firewalls, etc. but nothing I'm trying seems to be appropriate. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance :D

Wamp

When i had that same issue it was because i tried to install while not conected to the internet.

After i got my internet up, it worked fine. I would try it again, afew times in a row. As long as the internet broswer window opens, saying that the website could not be found, thats enuf to make the install wizard get past that part.

Cia

Actually I wasn't running as admin. . . facepalm moment. . . however I get the same response when I do so. Sat here for about 20 minutes after dinner trying to run repeatedly, as admin of course, and continued to receive the same error. My brother was able to upload on his system just fine -he runs vista 64bit whereas I'm running vista 32bit but that is the only difference and shouldn't be an issue. So my comp is apparently in need of a large dose of beating with ball bat :P

I'll delve into the issue more tomorrow but if anyone thinks of something, holler.

Thanks again.

Wamp

I think I may have a solution, let me know if I am correct though please. Since I was able to install on my system could I not grab an external drive to install the game client and N7 launcher onto using my laptop. Then hand that to wamp and let him run it from his comp?

I'll give that a shot. In fact, I may confiscate my sons' laptop to see if I can download it onto an external hard drive then run from there on my computer. Thanks little brother, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Yeah, you can pretty much just copy it over from another computer, although the registry settings won't come with it, so you'll probably get the registration popup when you run EnB. There's a .reg file around here somewhere to fix that...