Blackholed gating to/from Altair III...

Do your toons have issues gating to or from Altair III and Endriago? READ POST BEFORE REPLYING.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do your have issues gating from/to Altair III/Endriago?

• None at all - I'm a Progen Privateer (PP)
    • None at all - I'm --NOT-- a PP
    • I get blackholed going from Endriago to Altair III (requires GM assistance to be reset to Net-7 station)
    • I get blackholed going from Altair III to Endriago (require GM assitance to get out)
    • I get blackholed going either way through Altair III gate
    • I haven't tried going through this gate yet.
    • I do not get blackholed here, but I do get blackholed at ... (please post station/sector)
  2. 2. If you have blackhole issues with this gate, how many toons/accounts share this problem?

• Non-applicable - I don't have issues with Altair III gate.
    • I only have one toon (gets Blackholed) on one account / haven't tested other toons/accounts yet
    • I have several toons, but only one toon gets blackholed. The others work fine.
    • I have several toons on one account, and all of them get Blackholed at Altair III; I haven't test any other accounts
    • All my toons on one account get blackholed, but my other accounts work fine
    • All my toons on all accounts get blackholed at Altair III
    • Other (please post details)
  3. 3. How does this blackhole issue affect you and your game play?

• No effect - I do not get blackholed
    • Minor effect. I'd really like to explore Altair III/Nostrand Vor
    • Major effect. I have non-skill or special item missions in Altair III/Nostrand Vor that I cannot complete
    • Critical/game-breaking effect: cannot complete skill-related or hull upgrade missions (particularly, but not exclusively related to Progen characters)
  4. 4. How important is it that this (and possibly other) blackholing issues be fixed in ST4?

• Not important at all
    • Somewhat important
    • Very important
    • Critically important

Polling to draw attention to what may be a recurring issue. Please reply, as it may be good to get a player consensus on this issue.

Blackholing (BH) is specifically when you try to gate into a sector/station/planet, and you get crashed to desktop, and are subsequently unable to log into that toon again. It requires GM assistance which resets your home port to Net-7.

While this issue primarily concerns gating through the Altair III gate in Endriago, please select the appropriate option in Question 1 if you get blackholed elsewhere, and respond to the subsequent questions regarding how many of your toons/accounts share this bug (question 2/option 7, and tell us which gate your toon get BH'ed at.

Thank you for your participation.

Haven't had any problems with Altair with my JT. She explored all of that system yesterday, Altair III, Norstrand Vor, & Nostrand Vor Planet, and left via Endriago, no problem.

Confirmed,

Although with Seeker it doesn't seem just a gate - I tried to DEV wormhole him into Altair and that crashed him out.

P3990 worked with me on this as well, though I think he got tied up with another issue somewhere <_<

I put in a ticket (under the blackhole option, as it seemed most germane to the issue)

Byakhee tried to dev wormhole me to Altair (I saw it as "Sector 1310" or maybe it was 1301) and Seekerts got stuck;

- tried it later with P3990 (he gave me a GM wormhole) Seekerts got stuck;

- tried it again with Yellowcab (she is a JE alt on a second account I use to hold my surplus ores, and occasionally fling the PW or TS somewhere) while logged in from my main computer (Windows XP/SP3, up to date on all patches), P3990 GM wormholed her, she got stuck;

- the last shot was spinning up VMware (guest OS is also Windows XP/SP3/patched) as I'd get in nine kinds of trouble putting EnB on my work computer - the Army don't take kindly to "unauthorized software", lol.. and logging in Yellowcab there. By this point, P3990 was distracted with another issue, and I told him that I was going to try to gate her through Endriago to Altair III. Aaaaand, she got stuck.

I'm hoping that this might rule out a mis-install on my end... and I'm thinking of creating a PP just to see if it will get bounced out of Nostrand Vor or Altair when its past the newb missions.

Yes, I am a glutton for punishment :(

Follow-up:

I created a PP toon on the same account that Seekerts and Seekerpw are on.

Same result: crashes me out of game, and any attempts to log to that character crash me to desktop.

The limited preponderance of evidence suggests that this issue is not a server issue, but something very unique that nobody else has encontered.

Byakhee suggested that it might related to the install of my Enb game, Net-7 proxy, C++ libraries, or some other middleware that all this depends upon.

So... I guess I'll un-install and re-install everything and see what that turns up...

Follow-up:

I created a PP toon on the same account that Seekerts and Seekerpw are on.

Same result: crashes me out of game, and any attempts to log to that character crash me to desktop.

The limited preponderance of evidence suggests that this issue is not a server issue, but something very unique that nobody else has encontered.

Byakhee suggested that it might related to the install of my Enb game, Net-7 proxy, C++ libraries, or some other middleware that all this depends upon.

So... I guess I'll un-install and re-install everything and see what that turns up...

That may be the case. In early ST3 I had both my JE and JW blackhole when landing on planets, but when I reinstalled everything I didn't have that problem anymore.

OK, wiped out and deleted:

• EnB client (EnBdemo.exe)
  • EnB UP (the patcher to sunset)
  • Starship & Character Creator
  • Net 7 Proxy

Also ran a registry cleaner and deleted the residual folders in c:/programs to make sure there's no residue from the previous install...

I'm reticent messing about with the C++ libraries, as that has its hooks elsewhere on my system...

so now re-downloading everything and watching Bleach from the other 'puter...