Is it Just Me

Am I looking in the wrong place? I do not see any offical notice about the game being down. The client itsef lists the status as offline and the Net7 website lists the status as unknow.

If there is no posting can we get a beta/dev/gm to take 2 seconds to post something in the announcemnt section of the forumns.

The game has been up and down so much over the last couple of days with various issues some communication would be nice.

While no one likes downtime I find the lack of communication more annoying than anything else. It only takes 2 seconds to post something.

Once again if there are offical notices I am missing somewhere please let me know.

Perhaps DEV's aren't even aware the server is down. That is one other possibility.

Maybe he's at work doing his regular day job and only discovers the server being down after coming home and eating some diner.

After diner scenario below.

"Honey.. I'm in the study room for a few working on that emulator thinghy. I'll come out for coffee in an hour or sumthin'" *boots computer*.....

"what'n'the hell? Server down? Dang, not again"

*/reboot*

"there... mmmkay, should I inform players she's up again? nehhh, everyone is pressing the check button every two seconds already. They'll figure it out"

"Oh wait... coffee ! *shouts* Honey, is that coffee ready yet??"

*Leaves room to drink coffee with teh wife and has a well deserved nap*

Just a thought, or at least how i would do it in RL :D

DEV's are just like you and me...

with only 2 or 3 having the power to do a server check then restart....its doubtfull they even knows its down.. ( yes SDEV's have real jobs / School too)....

I don't care about the reset part, but there should be a way to empower a few more people to be able to check server status and have one of them post something.

i.e confirmed server is down, we won't be able to have someone check on it for the next 8 hours. Go raise your wife and family faction while you can.

It's not the 1970's don't need to have someone physically looking at the box to know if the sever is down or not.

Once again it's not an issue with it being down or even how long it will be down just about communicating it to everyone.

I don't care about the reset part, but there should be a way to empower a few more people to be able to check server status and have one of them post something.

i.e confirmed server is down, we won't be able to have someone check on it for the next 8 hours. Go raise your wife and family faction while you can.

It's not the 1970's don't need to have someone physically looking at the box to know if the sever is down or not.

Once again it's not an issue with it being down or even how long it will be down just about communicating it to everyone.

I think most feel your pain.

Don't think that this topic is uniquely yours, if you dig through the 10k + posts here there have been many… many… MANY… requests for some word on server status. I suggested the announcements section. I guess they figure that if it’s down it’s down…and if it’ up ..well, it’s up.

I don’t look forward to a change in communication from the "powers that be" until they have to start charging for the game. When that time comes paying customers in this day and age demand communication for their hard earned money.

It would be nice for a few words, but we aren’t going to get it.