Simple Multiboxing with AHK

Hi, I've been trying for a couple of days to multibox and have not had much luck. Theres a couple of forum posts on here to help and ive tried reading through, using the scripts people far better than me have already made but i've had no luck. Could someone help me to make a simple AHK script that just tells all clients to assist the leads target and fire? Im happy doing everything else manually, just getting everyone to target and fire on a few key presses would be enough for me.

I hope other players can help you. While we don't frown on the usage of multi-box utilities, we also know that it can be a complicated thing network-wise and few on the team outside of the programmers have any real view on how that sorta thing works.

Hey @Darkekat, give this a shot and let me know if it works for you:

https://github.com/ciphersimian/enb-ahk/blob/master/multifire.ahk

This may not seem like a "simple AHK script" but it's handling a few things automatically like dynamically adjusting for your display resolution and saving and restoring the cursor position after moving around to different windows, etc.

To use it just start up all your Earth & Beyond clients, then run the mutlifire.ahk script. You should get a message box that says "Initialized! Press Alt+f to multi-fire!", then just make sure you're in the "leader" window the first time you use it and press Alt+f.  If will then determine all the window handles for the running Earth & Beyond clients (assuming they all have the default window title of "Earth & Beyond"), save the one that was active when you pressed Alt+f as the leader, and the rest as "other".  It will then cycle through the "other" windows and take the leaders target, then once everyone has the same target it will cycle through again and press "f" on each to fire.

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any further questions!

Good luck out there and stay safe!

Edited by Codemonkeyx
grammar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a sample file? that has the correct monitor settings

bit of head scratching how to exactly edit the login.ahk (and in the correct format)

Thanks for your time!

Hi @TempestNWK,

Just to be clear this thread is about multifire.ahk and login.ahk is a bit different, and the two aren't directly compatible because login.ahk renames the windows from their default of "Earth & Beyond" and gives them all different names, while multifire.ahk hard-codes that in addition to assuming all the windows have the same name, so combining them requires more work.

That said, the configuration for login.ahk is pretty simple.

First of all, if you only have one monitor and all you want to do is tile 1-6 windows like most people do, then all you need to do is comment out the call to "NeedsConfiguration()" (by placing a semicolon in front of it) and the default should do what you want.  I would try that and see what it looks like before you configure anything else.

Beyond that, if you do have multiple monitors you just need to change the values:

; Client 1
; top left corner
X1 := "default"
Y1 := "default"

MONITOR1 := "default"

; Client 2
X2 := "default"
Y2 := "default"
MONITOR2 := "default"

So let's say you have two monitors that are 1920x1080 and you wanted to run 1 client on each in the upper left corner of each screen, in order to do that you would use a configuration like:

; Client 1
; top left corner
X1 := 0
Y1 := 0

MONITOR1 := 1

; Client 2
X2 := 1921
Y2 := 0
MONITOR2 := 2

A caveat to this is that I don't have multiple monitors (I'm a one big monitor kinda guy) and AHK doesn't have great multi-monitor support in the first place, so this is all untested and pretty rudimentary based on reading the documentation.

Edited by Codemonkeyx

Thanks again for your time, @Codemonkeyx

My interest was in the login.ahk solely, and in particular the auto-sizing & placement of the screens, i had been using an older v1 AHK script (on the forum here somewhere)  and it has always been somewhat of a pain the get going on a new windows install.

Was thinking i had to manually input the settings the unmodified login.ahk spits out upon launch, heh ... lesson learned.

AAAAND i'll be seeing you in guild someday perhaps 😁

• Like 1