Bug Tracker broken?

I believe it has been broken for some time, but I will double-check it soon. We mostly manage our issues within other systems if we see something get reported here that seems to be a bug.

*edit*
Yup, it seems to be a front-end display issue. I can still access the data from the admin panel but most of it is ancient issues that have been resolved for some time or something we couldn't resolve (or hidden on purpose because it was exploitable, of course)

If you think there's a bug, submit a GM support ticket (or post it here). If the GM during resolution of your issue can follow your steps and run into a similar problem they will report it or transfer the GM ticket to me which will result in it getting into something for an eventual resolution.

Thanks for the confirmation and the response.

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing anyone is interested in taking care of at this point but I was trying to follow the process outlined under the user-facing wiki contribution guidelines (I understand if this isn't something you control nor endorse) here:

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php?title=Contribution_Guidelines

that definitely seems to be a bit out of date (and was perhaps more than a little aspirational from the start):

The same guideline applies to other in-game assets as well, NPCs, Missions, Sectors, Gates, Navs, everything. In the event that an in-game item is mis-spelled, two things should happen:

1. A bug submitted to net-7 staff for correction See this forum section (you'll need to sign into the forums to see it)
  2. The page name should use the correct spelling, and include the mis-spelling with a (sic) next to the mis-spelled word, at least once on the page.

There are cases where it will be difficult to decide which spelling is correct. In these cases, just pick one, submit a bug, and wait for N7 staff to tell you which one is correct, then update your work accordingly.

(Yes I can appreciate the irony of the author of the above hyphenating misspelled/misspelling.)

I've been following the above (#2, specifically) on my wiki edits, but wasn't sure how to determine if there were already bug tracker tickets for them or not and whether it makes sense to create one?

I've found quite a few, a lot of the same words being misspelled in quite a few places, you can find many of them here (note that I have not gone through to verify if any of these have already been corrected, they aren't all mine):

https://www.net-7.org/wiki/index.php?search=sic&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&fulltext=1

e.g. from the above:

in-game misspelling => corrected

Missle => Missile

Aquire => Acquire

Dessicated => Desiccated

Dessication => Desiccation

weaponary => weaponry

reinforcments => reinforcements

ceromony => ceremony

These are mostly in Missions and Items so I don't know how much control you guys have over these things or how difficult / problematic they are to change.

If you guys are looking for someone to pitch in to help doing the busy work of fixing these things I'd be willing to help out.  Not knowing how things are implemented it seems to me that a dump => spellcheck => import could go a long way to fixing all this since these are all obviously misspelled.  I realize there is quite a lot of, lets call it stylized dialog from NPCs, which would be difficult to spellcheck, but I think it would be fine to explicitly exclude those NPCs from consideration (looking at you Sergeant Jones!)

I realize this is probably not a high priority so if this is something unlikely to change then that information would still be useful to take back to those wiki contribution guidelines and get them changed so no one else comes along asking about this in the future!

Thanks!