INV-300 After Windows 11 Upgrade.

Hi all, 

I just made the move to windows 11, and now when I try to log in, i get the INV-300 error. I think it is something with the upgrade, as it was fin under Win 10

I noted that windows firewall was on, so i turned it off for now, but still not luck. 

What info can I provide that would be helpful in diagnosing this? I have no net 7 logs in the log folder. 

image.png.fd511f74edfc9773e4fae88e0cf05bb1.png

set just as it was in win 10

Thanks in advance for any ideas. 

Hi

A temporary solution to the INV-300 error that usually works is to navigate to your internet properties, and uncheck the highlighted setting in the below image:

image.png.1dc99fcdbe2ff69d441bc17d90ae2b4b.png

Note that it does suggest a restart to take effect.

For general security though don't leave this setting unchecked any longer than you have to.

-FFT

• Like 1

Well, I'll be that worked... 

I wonder what's up that requires that to be done now, with windows 11 or is it a byproduct of the new server? because I've not had any login issues with win 10

and, i did see this but it was a bit older thread and disregarded it. 

Hi rdalme,

Its an expired SSL cert on the server end that is the issue from what I can gleen from Evermore's post that I have posted in as well re: "INV-300" and requires the intervention of the dev's to get a new one or so I understand.

All the best,

Yeti(GM)

i'm having same INV-300 error. only i did not do upgrade to window 11, i'm still window 10 and have just installed everything new today. i followed these instructions here and it did not help so hoping for further advice.

Hi Starcandy,

Press Win key and type CO and select Control Panel, from there click on Network and Internet, then click on Internet Options, then select the Advanced Tab and scroll down to the security section and uncheck the "check server certificate revocation*" option and then click apply  DO NOT CLOSE IT YET now launch the game as normal and login once in the game you can alt-tab out and re-select the "check server certificate revocation*" option and then click apply (this now returns your PC to the original state - safe!) 

An easier alternative is: Press Win key and type internetop , select intenet options/contol panel from the menu, this brings up the Internet Options no select the Advanced Tab scroll down to the security settings and un check the "check server certificate revocation*" option and then click apply  DO NOT CLOSE IT YET now launch the game as normal and login once in the game you can alt-tab out and re-select the "check server certificate revocation*" option and then click apply (this now returns your PC to the original state - safe!) 

Also note this works in Windows 11!!!!

In the even you game crashes you have to repeat all of the above, IF you want multiple clients open then do not re-apply the option until you have logged in all accounts!

This does work I use it for all my toons and have had no issues. NOTE this a "Work Around" not a fix until the dev's sort this issue!!!

Hope this clears up the temp fixand I look forward to seeing you in game soon.

All the best,

Yeti(GM)

thank you so much for your very fast response, made me very happy, but sorry to say this is not working for me, i followed your directions to the letter. i even went back and tried  reinstalling everything but to no avail.

i saw another thread very old from 2017. something about downloading a cert. i'll have to reread, but would something like what's suggested there be of help? or any other suggestions?

Err honestley I have no idea as all my PC's are Win 10 Pro (cant run Win 11 at all no TPM 1.2 on them),  but if it works on all my 9+ PC's so it must be something your not doing OR your system persay. Sorry I cannot be of more help at this time.

I know once its fixed server side it will all work seemlessly .... its up to the Dev's I'm afraid.

All the best,

Yeti(GM)