Multiboxing Issue

Hi,

I decided to update my PC, new RAM, CPU, MOBO and SSD. On my old setup, I could run 3 clients per monitor.

After the update, when I went to slide clients to another monitor, I cant interact with anything. When I move the client back to the main monitor, they work fine. I have had a friend who is IT Professional, remotely try to figure this out and he is stumped. We have tried it in different compatability modes.

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise (release 20h2), Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte B550M DS3H, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 GPU, 2 x 8GB 3600 (O.C.) RAM and a store brand Samsung SSD, Logitech keyboard and mouse.

I did a fresh install of the game on the SSD. My friend erased all that and tried copying the files from my HDD and we are still having the same issue of the game not working as soon as I slide it over to the other screen.

I can play other stand-alone games on the other monitor and can access the internet fine from both monitors. Please, if you can assist, I want to be able to fly a whole group again. Thank you.

Do the game run on main monitor?

Do multiple clients simultaneously run on main monitor?

Do client run on left/right/top/bottom side monitor?

Those are to question you need to resolve and not reinstall game.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response.

I run 3 clients on main monitor. I have one in upper left corner, one in upper right corner and one bottom middle.

Same set-up I would run on the second monitor before I did the upgrades.

Edited by mindyffltd

Hi,

On a side note, before the upgrade, if i had a toon idle more than a minute or so, I was going to task manager to log the client off, since the game was freezing up. I kinda thought it might be an intended thing, considering it was happening more on Nostrand vor than the other stations I work out of. But, since the upgrade, I am noticing it happening on OMP as well. Doesnt matter if it is one, two, or three clients running.

Hi Mindy,

In my experience, you cannot run a client on any left display. It has something to do with the negative screen coordinates. I experienced this issue about 6 years ago myself. The only real solution is to run it on a right or top display, keeping the client in positive coordinates.

I got around this by configuring my left display to an input sharing application, and setup a KVM on the left display to toggle to another machine, or 3 machines in my case. The input sharing app runs keyboard and mouse functions over the LAN, and the KVM toggles the left display to which ever machine I'm after. This setup works well for far more than E&B, but the game was the initial "mother" reason behind it, being that I would field a full group of Jenquai at times.

I hope some of this helps a bit. :)

-(   )vert.

Amen to Overtkill, I physically switched my two monitors and it works like it used to...now, to figure out which part of my security software is causing all my hanging with the clients...I use whatever comes with win 10 and a couple avast products...