server failed to respond to login attempt

I'm getting the above error when I try launching the game. I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions to install, updated Net7, everything - but when I hit the Play button in the launcher, I get a command window with the following events:

07/02/10 11:34:15 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

07/02/10 11:34:15 Sending login.

07/02/10 11:34:20 login failed - server not found.

When the login fails I get a dialog box with the text "Server Failed to respond to Login attempt" - hitting OK there terminates the command window.

Any ideas?

I'm getting the above error when I try launching the game. I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions to install, updated Net7, everything - but when I hit the Play button in the launcher, I get a command window with the following events:

07/02/10 11:34:15 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67

07/02/10 11:34:15 Sending login.

07/02/10 11:34:20 login failed - server not found.

When the login fails I get a dialog box with the text "Server Failed to respond to Login attempt" - hitting OK there terminates the command window.

Any ideas?

Well, checked if your firewall is blocking the connection?!

Well, checked if your firewall is blocking the connection?!

Yes, and it doesn't appear to be. I get no warnings about a program trying to access the net, or anything in the logs.

However, I took to browsing the general forum and can see NO ONE is able to log in since yesterday, so until that's resolved, I'm crossing my fingers it's the reason I can't log in either. :rolleyes:

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Dance while the record spins !

OR

Make sure you only have ONE active network connection.

The Client CANNOT work if you have more. Ie. LAN Plugged in + Wireless ON.

Let me know ;)

Unfortunately, the setup of my home network means I -have- to have both wireless and a LAN cable attached.

I'm just SOL, then? :blink:

Unless someone can come up with a work-around im afraid so.

Took me a few days to work out the network thingy and I found no other way to get it working ;)

Hello,

i see many ppl have this problem, but i have a little different, first when i connected i seen that i need to create account, so i tryed to minimize game and then it freezed so i restarted pc and after that i got that problem with server failed to respond

well just fixed, sometimes it conflicts with hamachi and in advanced network settings where u need to put ur networks position so i rised it to top, but now i have other problem, i registered to forum, then registered to ST4 and now game don't accept my id and pass, says that it is incorrect and there is table that says server on maintence or something wrong with my connection INV-300 error

you should not need to forward port 443.

if you open a command prompt and run

netstat -ao

Then look through the list for anything that reads <ip address>:443

This means something else is using that port, the last column should be the PID, if there is a line, look in taskmanager for the PID and that should tell you which app is holding the port.

Thanks

Hi.

I didn't want to bump any "obsolete" posts so I'm replying to this one. Me and a buddy had the same issue with "server failed to respond" msg. We both run entirely different systems.

I'm using a Core2Quad with 6gigs ram, a 8800gts and win7 ulti 64bit and comodo fw. My buddy runs Core2Duo with WinXP Home sp2/3 32bit with 2gigs ram, a 8600gt and zonealarm fw.

Our initial suspicion about the certificates was wrong. Although the Net7Launcher cert management appears to be broken (at least with win7 64bit) it had nothing to do with it.

After hassleing for literally weeks we both fixed the issue by manually disabling ALL other connections but the one you have internet access with. Ideally that's your LAN or WLAN connection.

If you have any other connection in your "Network Places" you need to disable them. Be it Hamachi or any other VPN connection. Any dial-up/cable/dsl broadband connection (perhaps even entirely delete the manual connection entry). Moving the according connections priority in the advanced settings DOES NOT fix the problem. There has to be one and only one connection! Instantly worked like a charm for both of us.

• 3 weeks later...