Donations

Kyp

Hi all,

We are a little low on surplus at the moment to keep the lights on, so I thought I'd make a post and see if I could encourage some donations. We are heavily analyzing a way to reduce monthly costs on servers yet still have the game be playable with newer hardware options. Our current host has just become too pricey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again everyone.

Thought I would give you a little update. We have selected what we believe to be the best option to reduce overall cost and give us more flexibility server wise, which is going to be a new virtualized server system. If you can help us push to the goal or a little bit beyond I'll feel more comfortable with going ahead to order the equipment, it will take a few weeks to move over but we'll be able to get rid of the costs of the existing host and considerably reduce them all the while achieving more powerful servers in the process.

If it helps in the slightest, there are some major new content items coming for each of the next three patches. We hope you like them. :) 

• 1 month later...

and.. another patch on the way with more to do!

Also, don't mind the bumpy ride, we'll be switching our servers over the next month or so and hopefully be able to save a little bit each month.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Just posted a new goal, hopefully this will be the last time for a bit. Also please watch for falling space rocks, we're moving our server (and the game!) to a new server environment over the next week or two, so there may be some small issues here and there. Let us know if you suddenly begin having trouble connecting and working with the services. Also be sure to follow our facebook and twitter sites to keep up to date should the forums become unavailable we will post there.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.