Net7 won't run

LaunchNet7 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Please tell microsoft about this problem.

This has been happening for the past 2 months and nothing I try will make it work again. I have tried restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling, copying a working one from another computer, updating my .net and c++.

Why does it refuse to run?

There could be TONS of reasons why this happens.

Just how fresh is your Windows install ? (assuming you have windows of course)

Between 6 and 8 months I think. It's xp btw.

Also, I tried removing all registry entries with the word 'net7' in them and reinstalling net7 and e&b. Still not working.

Between 6 and 8 months I think. It's xp btw.

Also, I tried removing all registry entries with the word 'net7' in them and reinstalling net7 and e&b. Still not working.

Are you running as an administrator?

That's only for vista. You can't run as an administrator in xp. Well, you can, but that is done by simply logging into the admin account. It's my computer, so I do that anyway.

Besides, it was working in december. It just quit for no apparent reason. Kinda like what happened with fallout 3, but at least fo3 still RUNS. It just crashes constantly.

EDIT: I found where you can run as an administrator in xp. right-click the icon and go to "run as..."

I set it to run as admin, but while it's trying to make the changes...it crashes.

so you are saying that you click on the net-7 icon and it goes right to the crash report to MS screen? or does something else happen? if you have no more detailed info to give than that, and since you have messed with the registry, my advice would be

1. uninstall everything - enb, net-7 etc and delete the folders then reboot

2. leave the reg along

3. error-check and defrag your machine and you need a min of 15% free hard drive space to do this

4. I realize you may have done some of this but do it again :(

5. (optional) make sure your virus scan is paid for, upto date and working, run that and run malaware check

6. reboot

7. do full clean reinstall from these instructions https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/714-install-enb-from-scratch-instructions/

also it has been my experiecne that the demo runs cleaner than the full version if you still have your cd's but that could just be voodoo magic on my part...

so you are saying that you click on the net-7 icon and it goes right to the crash report to MS screen? or does something else happen? if you have no more detailed info to give than that, and since you have messed with the registry, my advice would be

1. uninstall everything - enb, net-7 etc and delete the folders then reboot

2. leave the reg along

3. error-check and defrag your machine and you need a min of 15% free hard drive space to do this

4. I realize you may have done some of this but do it again :(

5. (optional) make sure your virus scan is paid for, upto date and working, run that and run malaware check

6. reboot

7. do full clean reinstall from these instructions https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/714-install-enb-from-scratch-instructions/

also it has been my experiecne that the demo runs cleaner than the full version if you still have your cd's but that could just be voodoo magic on my part...

Yes, it goes right to crash error.

I'm trying your instructions right now. Currently defragging. By error-check, do you mean that thing that finds bad sectors?

I'm afraid I've got a free virus scanner. It's a really good free one, but still not as good as norton or mcaffe. Still, I have no money, so it will have to do.

Yes, it goes right to crash error.

I'm trying your instructions right now. Currently defragging. By error-check, do you mean that thing that finds bad sectors?

I'm afraid I've got a free virus scanner. It's a really good free one, but still not as good as norton or mcaffe. Still, I have no money, so it will have to do.

no problem that its free... when I say paid for I mean that many people have hacked versions that dont work properly and never update... so if you have a legit free prog thats fine...

and yes, I mean the thing that finds bad sectors... although it does a little more than that...

Finished.

Net-7 still will not run.

However, after looking through the install instructions, it seems that the link to .net 3.5 is invalid. The site is still there, but the download server is down. Do you have another link?

*UPDATE* I'm currently downloading dotnet 3.5 via torrent. I find it sad that I have to resort to this method.

*UPDATE UPDATE* dotnet installed. Net 7 will not run.

thats odd... if i google dotnetfx 3.5 the first hit is from microsoft and they definitely dont want money for it and as of right now there server is not down... I know you ran virus and malaware scans but are you sure there isn't something taking over your browser?

thats odd... if i google dotnetfx 3.5 the first hit is from microsoft and they definitely dont want money for it and as of right now there server is not down... I know you ran virus and malaware scans but are you sure there isn't something taking over your browser?

Actually, I'm sure there IS something taking over my broswer. I'm always getting firfox windows opening up to results.gugle.com and upup.org (though the pages never load. They're always blank white screens) and such. AVG and Ad-aware have not been able to find/remove whatever is causing it.

Also, come to think of it, around the same time net-7 quit working, all my desktop icons had 2 spaces mysteriously added to the end of their names that I can't get rid of, and when I start my machine all the text on the icons/taskbar/start menu is in bold print until I highlight it.

That link fails to load instantly. Probably on purpose by whatever is on my computer annoying me. I'll torrent it.

If you aren't able to download it, whatever is on your system will probably not allow it to install either. *works desktop support and has seen this before* You can try going into safe mode and see if you can get it downloaded and installed there, but if that fails, I highly recommend reinstalling Windows.

Ok, I got malwarebytes and installed it and ran a scan, and deleted everythiong it found. I also got a program my brother told me about called combofix.exe. It apparently becomes the enemy to destroy it, in that it restarts your computer and logs on as itself to scan for and delete malware, viruses and just about anything else that is usually considered bad.

Both programs found several things.

Net-7 still refuses to run.

The spaces and bold print on my icons are also still there.

I'm afraid I cannot re-install windows at this time. I don't have any money to buy DVDs to back up my files.

delete the Net7 directory and the EA Games\Earth and Beyond directories.

Then run through the installation again. It *might* help. If you're on a decent internet link it shouldn't take too long to re-patch to the latest version.

I tried that the other day, but I did it again just now, just in case. Fail. Sorry.

I tried that the other day, but I did it again just now, just in case. Fail. Sorry.

If you have a second partition on your HD, install a new windows there. Get a virus scan program and scan the HD.

If no second partition maybe you have a bootable linux on cd/dvd then do a scan from there.

You could also create a second partition from there to install a new windows and to operate from the new windows then.

Then there is the option to install your windows over the one that already exists, the thing is, it won't kill the registry entries from virusses.

But it does overwrite the normal registry entries the maybe were overwritten from a virus.

If you then after finnish install start in safe mode, you have more chances to deinstall all programs you dont know of.

Or you let it start after finnish install just normal, and the first thing you do after start, is a scan.

Don't know at the momen if you can do a scan in safe mode, that would be best.

The scan program must be installed before you install the new windows over the old.

There is a hard way to clean the system, but first it isn't always 100% successful, second it takes sometimes really long,

and third you need good expierence from registry, running programs and all the start options and such.

And this way is only an option if all other failed and there is no way to get the old windows back if i reinstall, but i need the old install as it is. :D Because a new install is mostly 100 times faster. B)

Just some ideas..

greets

Hexergirl

so i take it that net7 will not run on xp only on vita what if i get window 7 will that work......lol i miss this game i whan play it i downlond patch and net7 and run net7 nothing than i open net7 files and run launch file and it start to run but it said---- connetion to the global server failed my friend plays this game and he as vita and hes playing it he said u need vita or windows 7 to play the game.... is this true if so i will get windows 7 than

That error usually is missing files.

Try reinstall MS .NET

If that fails, search forum for VC++ runtime and install that.

That usually clears up most errors with the launcher