MANTIS bug reporting system?

DEVs/GMs:

I'm wondering if you all couldbe persuaded to consider using a free (as in open source) web-based bug tracker/helpdesk utility such as MANTIS (link) for tracking player issues and game bugs....?

I must admit that I do not have much fondness for the present in-game help system... there is no feedback as to whether or not my issue(s) are even being looked into, much less tracking what could be an underlying cause to any aggregations of similar bugs (such as the Endriago > Altair gating bug)

Respectfully,

Seekerts

DEVs/GMs:

I'm wondering if you all couldbe persuaded to consider using a free (as in open source) web-based bug tracker/helpdesk utility such as MANTIS (link) for tracking player issues and game bugs....?

I must admit that I do not have much fondness for the present in-game help system... there is no feedback as to whether or not my issue(s) are even being looked into, much less tracking what could be an underlying cause to any aggregations of similar bugs (such as the Endriago > Altair gating bug)

Respectfully,

Seekerts

Do you mean they are not using Mantis any longer? Any ticket I ever submitted (but it's been a little while, admittedly) always wound up with an email with a reference back to a Mantis ticket.

Do you mean they are not using Mantis any longer? Any ticket I ever submitted (but it's been a little while, admittedly) always wound up with an email with a reference back to a Mantis ticket.

I must be missing it then - but I've submitted two bug reports using the in-game help utility (as we have been informed to use elsewhere on these forums) - one in ST3 and one today in ST4, and I use the same email for everything (I know net-7.org uses that particular email account, as I have received other correspondence from the site).

In both cases, I have not received any sort of a follow-up notification that the bug report was even seen.

Is there another acceptable route for submitting bug reports or a MANTIS other than the in-game help?

If so, I would certainly rather use that, as I could cut & paste logs from the console much more easily, etc.

We ARE using mantis.

However, public only get view only due to the amount of 'bad' bug reports in the past.

Bugs must be reported to, and logged by the Beta team

http://mantis.net-7.org

Thanks

Do the Betas then get the reports sent in by the in-game help request utility? Because I'd rather not waste my time (or anyone else's) using that in-game help if it seldom gets looked at.

Or should I contact a Beta in game, to see if they can un-stick/un-BH my toon, or duplicate my issue?

Do the Betas then get the reports sent in by the in-game help request utility? Because I'd rather not waste my time (or anyone else's) using that in-game help if it seldom gets looked at.

Or should I contact a Beta in game, to see if they can un-stick/un-BH my toon, or duplicate my issue?

I beleive both methods are acceptable, but could a member of the Beta team please confirm this?