EnB Bandwidth Usage question

I work as a developer, and we have some leeway on what we are allowed to do at our stations as long as we get our work done on time. I was thinking that having EnB up in windowed mode so I could craft or do Trade runs occassionally would be equivalent to everyone else going out for smoke breaks all the time. However, we do have a very bandwidth-intensive operation, and I don't want to step on any toes. Can anyone tell me what the bandwidth usage of EnB looks like while playing? I would imagine that it's not very high since its a 10-year old game, and I can probably sneak it in under their radar.

Thanks!

Talonz

The Client was designed for 56K Modems in 2002/2003.

Our server is sending some more packets tho, but the bandwith is still low - esp. when doing just trade runs / crafting and no raids.

Cant tell you the exact bandwith (was never measuring it) but since you are served on a "time slice" by the server and most packets are in the range of a few hundred bytes.....i think my answer here is even longer (byte wise)  :lol:

Also note that the game uses UDP, which has lower prio in switches compared to TCP (except you are using QOS), so there should be no problem at all.

Thanks for the fast and informative answer! I'll give it a go and see what happens, although i don't expect any problems thanks to your answer (especially since i can get away with listening to Pandora online).

Also, I just want to say thanks to you devs for volunteering all your time to revive this game (non-profit to boot!). It brings back so many good memories to be able to go out hunting/mining with my friends again. It's a great project complemented by your great effort, and I will be donating to support it as a token of my appreciation next time you open it up for donations!