This has been bugging me since beginning - Metal Dyes = Real or False?

EDIT TO MODS: I thought this a personal opinion soapbox but if it falls under " bug reporting "  then by all means move it over, didn't really think about it as such just to be safe*

So the issue goes as this, since day 1 I have tinkered and loved the metal options for my starship and the cool sheens they give, considering orange/amber is my favorite color, and found just my type. thing is, I log in, and it's now bright yellow. or bright pink... maybe it's my light/light in station/ ? I got outside, it's pink still, but fading to grey. I wouldn't ask but I have now played the toon on two different computers with different specs ranging from VGA COMPATIBLE POS-ATHON to my normal graphics card, to the same avail. 

Obviously an asthetic gripe, and not pressing per se, but would like to know if it's just ME that sees my finished product as bright green
(see image 1 for example below)

ViWtQ4r.jpg

Or does everyone see it this way?

3NXpWvV.jpg

quite the disappointment as I chose amber/orange rust. Any feedback would be wholeheartedly taken as it isn't a huge deal, but it's one of those small question deals that kind of eat away at your soul, sort of.
cheers =)

Edited by Elvenpathic

I always use Flat as well.  I don't really care for glossy or shiny, but that could be the JE in me talking, since JEs are designed to not be seen.  Never really thought about using metallic colors on clothing.  I just wish I could make blue clothing, on Jenquai toons, actually look blue in game.

Whoever placed NPC clothing designs obviously had very "different" taste, with vendors all blue hair, neon pinks, greens, yellows all clothing where no player can have actually...   :)

Edited by SiSL

• 2 weeks later...