Mission History: Web based Dialogue history

SiSL

Granted, there is no way you can add anything to UI and according to Stanig, mission text character count is limited...

And sometimes including me, can pass dialogues a bit faster and then we stuck in questions about our missions, sometimes there are people to Show a point, and sometimes not anybody out there... But while we could solve the riddle, we can't, if we had not skip fast or missed a point, a wording, a simple text in dialogue...

My suggestion is a web-based mission tracker, NPC dialogues...

• Missions are linear, and same for almost all people (aka does not change person to person if they are allowed / meet requirements, so steps and texts of NPC's are also static exception of name variable --which I will add as %NAME%)

While we could transfer item over web, I think there can be a way to Show our "Active missions" on our characters...

Active missions of SiSL:

- Mission name (4/5)

So in web we would see something like that (example and entire dialogues are fiction)

Mission name: X

NPC Name: Hello %NAME%,  Can you get find get me Ostrae Vega frond

You: Why should I do that?

NPC Name: You will get a lovely meal, they should be near nav point Z

STEP: 1/5  Find and kill an Ostrae Vega  (as written on UI mission text)

STEP: 2/5: Go back to NPC

NPC Name: Oh you found it, now find me its coconut

STEP 3/5 Find its coconut

That would be lovely for people who try and solve puzzles and kind of mission log of modern games to our legacy client, even at web... Also save content developers from writing Wall of text on UI texts.

I am ready for flames of "you shudda read first!" elites.

As topic, this is a suggestion and may be hard work for Shaddex, but if done, saves lots of people including players and content developers...

Edited by SiSL

I brought this up at the last dev meeting, and unfortunately the idea is out of scope or would lack the manpower to devote time to do it at this point.

However, content has been told that we will be streamlining missions to make them more followable, with as much detail as possible in the mission steps.  Granted some will still be vague as some are intended to be more of the puzzle variety, but expect in the near future for some of the more problematic missions to be a bit more fleshed out and descriptive.

Keep in mind however that the little summary in the mission step list is limited in the length so there is only so much we can actually do, but sometime soon (tm) we will be going back over missions and QA'ing them again, at least I will be.  Its on my radar just a little down my personal worklist.

Someone goes to a lot of trouble to do stuff like that on a fan-based site already.

I suggest you ask around ingame.

I wonder what site you could be meaning.

*points at his sig*

Someone goes to a lot of trouble to do stuff like that on a fan-based site already.

I suggest you ask around ingame.

Player based info is never reliable on either stability, continuous support or coverage of missions problems with different classes having different options. For instance, Shea above said, site will never cover Aggripa for instance.  If it was "classified" info, yes, player websites can be used...

Anyway, since this is covered with Stanig's info, no need for further discussion...

Edited by SiSL