Keep getting stuck on galaxy map when docking and gating

I have 3 accounts and have not had a problem logging in to game and accessing my toons since before st4. All my toons are docked except for one. I have noticed that for the past week or two, that i am unable to exit or enter stations or jump through gates (with the 1 toon undocked) without getting stuck on the galaxy map waiting for server.

I have reinstalled game several times as well as reformatting PC to factory settings. I have read lots of tech help threads here on enb forums but just dont really know what actually is my problem. DNS? File corruption on client download? Window 7 issue? Router? ISP? Aggh! lol. Funny thing is that it was functioning prior to 2 weeks ago with only occasionally getting stuck. I would simply relog and i would be freed from galaxy map. Game was very playable but now i cant even enter or exit stations or jump without remaining stuck on the waiting for server galaxy map. pls any help or direction would be great. Edited by omegamanx

I have this happened to my toons a lot, especially when the server load is high (North of 300).   I think what happened is that during ST4, the population is low so data corruption due to simultaneous access is low.  Now with the explosion of server population, that seems to happen more often.

Getting stuck in the galaxy map is just 1 manifest of the problem.  Followings are the ones I saw:

- Warping a toon, but all of a sudden, it just go straight (i.e. without going through the nav points).  This is due to your toon losing connection to the server as the communication packets between your client and the server is lost.  The client becomes semi-non-responsive, (by semi-non-responsibe I mean you can still see messages displayed, but other people see you as a ghost, and/or group member do not see you on the group panel. ) or if you have not started the Warp, hitting Q will result in the error message "Warp has not completed, please hit Warp again".  Hitting Warp again, yield the same error message.  Bug Reported in Bug Report forum.

- Yesterday I landed on Aragoth station (VT), and a guild mate was supposed to give me 2 devices.  I started a Trade dialog with him, but no trade box showed up.  Later on he informed me that the trade window showed up fine for him, and he confirmed the trade.  I never got the items because there was no window showing up for me.  I had to kill the client and restart for trade window to show up.  It goes without saying that the 2 devices were lost for ever.  The only consolation is that the 2 devices were not very-hard-to-find devices.

- Yesterday also, on a different toon, I was trying to make 12 stacks of ammos.  After the 8th stack, the terminal became non-responsive.  (THe Manufacture button was greyed out, but I have plenty of parts, as I have a full stack for each component to start with).  A kill-app and restart fixed the problem, and I was able to make the last 4 stacks.

Now, if you feel that the same thing happened to you, in the Bug Report forum, there is a field for other users to confirm that such a bug also happened to him/her.  That will help the devs prioritize the issues, as more people reporting the same problem will have that problem's priority raised, and a higher chance to get fixed.

Edited by VincentTH

K thx I've noticed that it happens too on server with less than 300 though. I literally can't play cause every single toon is affected by this phenomena. I managed to get 1 toon out of joves only to get hung on first gate I tried to jump. ;(

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say this problem has got me considering whether or not to even continue playing enb. I have to run task manager between 20 and 50 times a day and spend as much or more time logging in/out now as I do playing. It is a tragedy.

Some points to consider:

Like the OP I have noticed the problem is at its most severe when server goes 300+ (which nowadays is most of the time)

Below 300 it is better, during hours roughly 10am-4pm GMT I can play constantly with no crashes at all.

I have tested my internet connection on various available online tests and my line is always 6+.

I have tried all combinations of checkboxes in the loader, no help.

If I stay in one sector (ie mining) then connection is fine.

I am told that each time we gate or wormhole that we are effectively logging in again. A recent developement and indeed a backward step is the fact now if we lock up worming we get put back into the game "pre wormhole"! at least previously we logged in to find ourselves at our destination and not having to run the gauntlet of another crash. I know there are many people suffering this issue now and only yesterday one guy, peekaboo I think, announced on mkt he was leaving because the game was no longer playable for him.

It is obvious now that we switched to "live" too soon, the new content is excellant and i love it but there are some serious fundamentals that should be given priority over content until the issues are fixed. I can sympathise 100% with the dev team because as we know user numbers towards the end of st4/beta were more like 200 rather than the 500 we have now, so in this sense the "stress test" could never really perform it's intended function properly. With the issues and patching (and even unpatching) still going on we are effectively still in a beta environment.

I don't think we can at the moment trumpet 150+ hours of uptime as any sort of stability success story. I for one would rather have the server bomb once every 3 hours and get flawless gameplay inbetween. 

This is no criticism of the devs, I love what you're doing, it's just very frustrating not being able to use the game as I used to over the last couple of years.

Look up and read the forum thread. "State of the game" You will find that the dev's are working now on a complete code rewrite to fix a lot of the problems that only showed up after server pop went up 400% They suddenly discovered a number of faults with the code and best and quickest way to fix them is a rewrite using what they have learned so far to make a better stable platform that we can expand on from there. We are looking at a few months of old bugs but there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel and it's coming closer each day.!