Prototype Ammo

Greywolf 58

Old Live (tm) had only impact for PL's of all lvls, energy and plasma for beams, and only explosive for all level until L9 which then added plasma for missles. Thats what exists now. In reality we shouldn't even have ANY of the proto stuff, the story line from Old Live (tm) didn't add proto until just as V'rix, (strange ships sighted) stage, not (full invasion) of V'rix came in.

There was to be storyline for digiapogee, explaining proto stuff developed, before more proto stuff started appearing. Old Live (tm) sunseted before that. It would really need either story line for digiapogee or V'rix entrance before more could be justified...I mean who is making this improved stuff, and why are they not recovering it, or destroying it, before it falls into enemies hands? Whats the point of spending the resource outlays to develop superior gear if you are going to let it slip through your fingers into everyones hands?

For sure it would be nice if there was storyline for it now, what builder isn't looking for the next best recipe, what shooter don't want the next best gun? But think, warfare is what spurs military research outlays, who are we at war with? Ten-gu? Not really, they are confined to Cooper and their gate. Sure, that would spur governmental entities into some research to solve the problem, but not full scale research like Digiapogee and Trident.

There was a DIgiApogee mission in old Live.  Was a guy in Net-7 Sol's lounge.  I forget the specifics of the mission, but you had to talk to different people, then come back to him.  The next patch you came back to him again and got a DIgiApogee device (gave weapon energy efficency) equal to your device tech.  Next patch he'd departed.  Was a limited time only opportunity to get the device.

Ah..thats how the RMU's got in! I looked and mined hulks galore and never pulled a single one out of a hulk...and with all my mining I only got a single L5 AA as well in Old Live (tm). I guess it was just my poor luck on that, because I mined a lot I mean a LOT of ore..was one of the chief L8 and L9 ore guys.

I gifted tons of digi reactors and shields and engines Old Live (tm) and had some guildies (and not guildies) just about have a love affair over me giving then L8/9's with high Q%. Pulled a lot of the shields/reactors out of Cygni61. I loathed when hulks went pop :)...NOoooooo not my christmas present hulk!..but but it was just there teasing me....