Graphic Design & Branding Fun

I attempted to make a Net 7 web ad and possibly new/alternate logo tonight for fun. It was a little experiment with some design techniques I've picked up along the way at the Uni. (major is in software). One reason why I wanted to do it is because I think the EA E&B logo isn't really needed at this point and gets undeserved attention. The game might as well be called Net 7 at this point and I think the project should be "branded" as Net 7, with less emphasis on E&B (Discuss?). So Net 7 deserves its own special logo and emphasis in banners and ads. Also there's less chance to infringe some copyright by using the E&B logo.

I actually started this after seeing another thread where someone made a bumper sticker and thinking, "you know I could do better," and just wanting to prove to myself I could. As a result the form factor ended up probably too large for any online ad space. Also I made it in Photoshop for convenience, so if it were to be used I would need to remake it in Illustrator. I also took some design inspiration from Minecraft server banner ads, EVE ads and WOW private server ads.

The wonderful background illustration is not by me, I pulled it off a deviantart account. Source: [url="http://fav.me/d37rpli"]http://fav.me/d37rpli[/url]
The fonts I used are:
NET 7: dafont.com/futurist-fixed.font
lower banner: dafont.com/bignoodle-titling.font
small text: dafont.com/visitor.font

Graphically I guess I did not do so much, but in terms of branding fonts, logos, word choice, spacing, and alignment are extremely important. That is what I was experimenting with and was hoping could be brought up for discussion.

I entertained the thought of making a series of ads (at appropriate web size) featuring the different races or classes back dropped with their home planet or appropriate scenery ie. combat, trade etc...
The game engine graphics may not be able to improve but that doesn't mean the community couldn't update the graphics outside of that realm! Some spiffy new ads may bring more players in too :)

[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/sidewinder0010/net7_ad2.jpg[/img] Edited by andrew.wa

First off it does look great.

Now, the only two things I see as not right.
#1 I should be a player ship from the game. Gotta push what we would actually have.
#2 While I do agree that N7 deserves more focus, if u lower the E&B emphasis, you may not so easily get old players from live to come in and try out.

Custom classes, should probably be a little more specific, in that the Scout, Seeker, and Privateer, are now available since they weren't in live. Custom classes sounds like there's a list of skills to pick from to design your class, rather than each class having a defined skill set, and you choosing where to spend your skill points.