Apply The Shield Inversion's Separate Targeting Ability To Weapons Too?

I noticed when playing my PP that an ability (shield inversion) which let it continue to target something after I'd switched to another target.

This is buggy atm, since you can't turn it off unless you switch back to that target, and if you don't, you can get the "another skill already running" error message when you're trying to use Shield Recharge.

However, the fact that it can hold a separate target at all tells us something - the game supports multitargeting. And that is HELLA useful for support classes, as they must target group members to give buffs and such in combat.

So I propose investigating this ability to see if it can be applied to weapons as well as abilities. If so, a support class could leave their weapons locked onto the enemy and switch their targeting to group members to do their support functions.

If this works, it may even be possible (not very useful, I grant, but possible) to assign different weapons to different targets. Depends on the game engine, but that's a big technology step and it would be cool to see if it were possible.

In all cases though, the bug with Shield Inversion must die. Anything you activate must deactivate on command, regardless of whether the target you have selected is the current one for the ability or weapon.

Edit to avoid self-bumpage: didn't know about the any-mob-will-do deactivation. Thanks Will.