Alternate Hosting For Enb Files

Zathman

Now that my new computer is finished I'm getting it set up properly (by installing EnB right away). Downloading the EnB Demo is incredibly slow... Has anyone considered hosting with Amazon S3 or some other service that's better established on the internet's pipes?

We have a rotating list of servers who host the files for us. I will look into doing a speed test of the servers to see if any happen to be bogged down. What's your definition of slow? Are we talking about 80 KB/s or do you have a 50 Mbps connection and 1 MB/s is slow for you? :P

I have a 15 Mb/s connection and generally enjoy download speeds in the range of 900 kB/s to 2.5 MB/s depending on where I'm downloading from; However the server I was downloading the E&B Client from wanted to download no quicker than the range of 80 to 110 kB/s. Seemed slower than it should've been. Just thought I'd bring it up.

Yeah, simple. Use a spare hard drive and create an install folder on it, with a sub folder for the basic EnB stuff that you have to download. So you will seldom if ever have to repeat the experience and you also have quick access to all your proggies installations. Better yet, use an old box as a file server. :)

I've had the files up on my business hosting site for years, but for some reason they were never put into rotation by the Emu staff. Maybe they had too many sites available already, but who knows?!? Anyway, I'll put up a basic page linking to anything EnB on my site and post that link here.

Message to the staff: This might be a good time to review those sites that are in the download queue/rotation on this site for availability and transfer quality (speed of delivery).

Thanks for reading...

-Overt.

[quote name='Overtkill' timestamp='1330023630' post='54301']
Message to the staff: This might be a good time to review those sites that are in the download queue/rotation on this site for availability and transfer quality (speed of delivery).
[/quote]

[quote name='C Del' timestamp='1329779395' post='54106']
I will look into doing a speed test of the servers to see if any happen to be bogged down.
[/quote]
  • Upvote 1