Odd error during net-7 patching process

So I've been wanting to get back on the server lately after a 2-3 month break and finally decided to the other night.

On a fresh install of windows and blank HD, I installed the client via some old cds, everything goes good.

I patch the client with the enb_update.exe file, everything works there.

I install net-7, and run it. It goes through the net-7 updates, and then gets to the client update to new version: 51.

After a little time, it starts to download the 22-35 mb files.. mix_file_art_03.mix, 04, 07, etc etc...

That takes a little bit to get through, but not too bad.

After it finishes, net-7 restarts and then gives me some error where it says that the files are not matching (always the art_--.mix files) so then it wants to update the client all over again from the version I have, (which it cannot determine it says) to 51.

I've done this about 10x now, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

edit: here's a screen shot of it..

edit 2: It also seems to be a random file, not always the same, this particular instance it was 11, another time it was 3.

hash_error.JPG

post-1068-1263652541636_thumb.jpg

What version of Windows are you using? If it's anything after XP, make sure you're running LaunchNet7 as an Administrator. Other than that, this would seem to indicate data corruption. What kind of internet connection / setup do you have? (routers, firewalls, etc.)

What version of Windows are you using? If it's anything after XP, make sure you're running LaunchNet7 as an Administrator. Other than that, this would seem to indicate data corruption. What kind of internet connection / setup do you have? (routers, firewalls, etc.)

Well I think I figured out part of the problem. I ran the enb_patcher on one of the lower level directories, so it wasn't updating the files in the correct directories. I decided to try installing enb on another machine with the exact same OS WINXP SP2. And it went through fine, was playing earlier no problem. The problem I seem to have now is when I run the client patch on my other machine, it always fails at around 68% completion.

No firewalls, 1.5mb dsl. I've tried to download the enbpatcher again and I run into the same issue.

It's just weird, I can run the file and it completes on one machine, but that same file stops at 68% on an old and fresh install of windows, with the exact same updates.