Monthly Contests

Daywolf

Would like to see various contests for fun and enb promotional value. Say once a month hold an official contest for a variety of in-game rewards …and of course winners prestige. List of suggested contests:

[color="#000080"]1. Net-7/EnB promotional ad-like banners
2. Wallpapers
3. Forum signatures
4. Short movie/animation
5. Story writing contest
6. Concept modeling (like EVE did last year with ships …but not on :P :P)
7. Music compositions (space themed music etc.)
8. Concept art
9. Clip-art/website fan art
10. Best in-game screenshots[/color]

Add a couple more and you have enough to repeat year after year.

A monthly contest, then keep track of winners and links to their offerings. Usually winners selected by poll vote, but whatever. This is a suggestion for official promotion, generally player supported contests fizzle out after a time as the host gets bored. Rules vary on submissions, but generally it’s original work submissions and with public release in most cases - or in such cases as music under creative commons. But pretty much nothing to do with game content, not adding stuff to the game client, just promotional and fun stuff to share EnB themed.

Yep, don't think this thread has gone un-noticed.

4. Short movie/animation
5. Story writing contest
6. Concept modeling (like EVE did last year with ships …but not on FB [img]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img])
7. [s]Music compositions (space themed music etc.) [/s] Not me..
8. Concept art
9. [s]Clip-art/website fan art [/s]I'll pass on this too

Phorlaug...

[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1325875369' post='51040']
Yep, don't think this thread has gone un-noticed.[/quote]
Yeaaah.. I've noticed the thread has gotten some views.
[quote name='Phorlaug' timestamp='1325875369' post='51040']
7[s]Music compositions (space themed music etc.) [/s]s] Not me..

9[s]Clip-art/website fan art [/s]s]I'll pass on this too
[/quote]Oh I tried to think of a little something for everyone, or at least a few things on the list anyone more animated than a potato could do ;) Gee like concept art I'm not good at, I took mechanical drafting classes and then mechanical CAD at work, my nekid woman on a chair portrait looks robotic lol. Though music composition is a strong point for me etc.

I was thinking more along the lines of novice and expert levels, more than one entry group per contest, though one entry per person. For total beginners, it could be a good place to get info/instruction on picking up some new skill then see what you can enter with a month of practice time.

I'm not worried about it, I have lots of things to do, but I'd probably enter most of the contests if they wanted to do something like that. For someone to host, it should be pretty simple, I figured it would be a good job for the Adv or someone. But I could think of additional ideas for competitions, like for the hardened programers maybe a third party app competition - then maybe we will have more than one being the EnB Notifier (which is handy). For a current application, a design contest for the Westwood memorial - concept drawing/modeling, whatever :)

As for music composition, if we had 8 or 10 good entries (mine would be one, I make space music among other styles), we could cut it as a community album, winner gets track 1 and post the album on one of the free copy-left sites. EnB Emulator fan music CD or what have you. Edited by Daywolf