Server failed to respond to login attempt.

Server failed to respond to login attempt. OR Server failed to respond to sector login.

When I started playing a few months ago I rarely if ever had login issues. Its gone form bad to worse lately. Its all i can do to login and then when i finally do after 20 attempts. I only get to change zones a few times if at all, before it fails to load. Often just hanging at the loading screen and doing nothing. When that happens the little green arrow in the tray icon shows that i am "waiting for server".
I know my connection is probably fairly unique being that its through my phone. Its just confusing cause when I can log in I can stay loged in indefinitely. Just as long as i don't try to change zones.
Its frustrating! and i usually just give up and go do something else.

Not too unique, I'm currently on an air card after loosing DSL and it works well enough here. Heh been in EVE most of the year since last year, meh not so great there with wireless I found out, so now I'm back here. But anyway, concerning your problem, I had the same problem after reinstalling, constant CTD's, disconnects when gating or docking and failed log-in attempts galore. Try doing a full update on your system, windows update, DX, video drivers, net framework etc. Once I did that, it took care of 99% of the glitching. My system was only a few months out of date, made a big difference.

Oh and that 1% problem that's left, just to mention, sometimes I need to do a reconnect. I have two towers in range, and one is pretty sad 50% of the time, while the other is golden. It usually works on the poor tower, but not always, and then it wont log-in to enb at all. So after making sure your system us updated, and if it still has problems, then try like speedtest.net and/or just restart your cell or however you can reset your connection. And of course as with any transmitter, you want to have it located in the best possible place in your residence for the optimal reception, like if you have steel in the walls it could interfere. Oh well, at least it's still better than dial-up :)

[quote name='ActionMan' timestamp='1324752463' post='50248']
Restarting the phone did fix it, thanks. WiMax is great cant wait for LTE :blink:
[/quote]wimax with 4g? not so bad. I'm on 3g but my ping is almost as bad as dial-up, so I guess no more pvp games for a while hah, but I can still manage my remote server. They have me waiting on fios, up to two year wait. Lazy union employees wont fix my DSL line, they act like they owe their jobs to union reps rather than the company and subscribers they work for. I live in the hills so microwave isn't the best option, really. Ahh well good that solved the con prob, Tada-O!