I am Rebirth, reiteration #3

I am Rebirth. Slayer of fish. Builder of items. Helper of the lost. Comrade of the fierce. Enemy of the vile.

I am a Progen, like many others before me. This is my 3rd reiteration. Many years ago, I was destroyed in a catastrophic disaster known as "Sunset". For years my DNA sequence lay dormant in the absence of existence, for what seemed like forever. It was glorious, as any Progen's desire is to answer the Call Forward. Back before that first disastrous event, I was known as "Emerge". Irony is a clever mistress, as it would be a long time before I would once again Emerge from the ashes.

We were all in this state. Whether your home was Andromeda, Galileo, Pegasus, or Orion, you were all with me in this state of suspended animation. We didn't know what was going on. We didn't know when things would be back. Our minds wandered. We eventually thought that was all a dream and found a life within our minds.

Then, something incredible happened, and not in the way you would think. After many years of solitude and development of an inner-world, my consciousness was restored. My physical body was different. I had a different name. I did not know how much time had passed or what had happened. Yet, this all seemed familiar. I had been reborn as "Constellation". I didn't have much of a ship, but was a Progen Warrior. I would ask others around me of what happened. They'd say "Don't you know?" and move on with what they were doing. I was very confused, but happy to be standing and breathing again.

Some time passed, and I was getting acclimated to my new body, my new ship, and my new comrades in outer space. Some faces were familiar, others were not. I'd see a Progen and salute. I'd see a Terran and I'd shake my fist! I'd didn't see any Jenquai, but they were most likely cloaking. I then realized what had happened! We were placed in the dark because our universe stopped. All of the Galaxies had gone dark at once. It was like this for so long that it seemed like a different life, and it certainly was. It is different now again, but I was getting used to being "Constellation", laying out so many rounds into space that they would form Constellations right before smashing into the hulls and carapaces of my enemies. I thought to myself however I got this name, it's pretty clever. But then, abruptly, I was called forward once more...

This time, it was not dark for long. What seemed like a few seconds passed and I was once again transferred into a new entity, known as "Rebirth". I found myself lying in a ship that was floating around in deep space, faint signs of a station nearby. But something was different! My ship, though new and shiny, was not a warrior's ship. My clothes were not that of a purebred killer. My skills had changed. A message in my ship's computer clued me in....

As a token of gratitude for your utmost courage, bravery, ruthlessness, and cunning, we have chosen your DNA string for reiteration. You have answered the Call Forward before, however we have modified your original gene map this time around. You are now a Trader for the Progen Republic. We feel that, while your abilities in combat are superior to any force our enemies may hold, that your experience and knowledge in weapons systems would serve the Republic best as a Merchant. Go forth, Rebirth, and continue vanquishing your foes. Be thankful that you have been chosen as one of the few to behold the privilege to be a Trader of Collegia. We bestow upon you increased dexterity for building, capacity for learning new systems, abilities to negotiate, and an augmented ship to provide help to those who need it. Your journey has just begun, and remember that the Progen Republic never fell during your absence.

Long live the Progen Republic!

Message ID: 3940ADEE30

I looked around. I couldn't see. I tried to move, and I fell down. My body was weak. My ship was slow. My knowledge was wiped clean. I trusted that this "Emerge" was once me, though. It had to be. There were faint memories of every place I would visit from then on. What happened to Constellation? I don't know. It doesn't matter so much. I am now Reborn as a Trader for the great Republic, and it is my duty to serve. It's my duty to honor the privilege of being re-created.

I set my navigation systems to the nearest station, began broadcasting my communications system, and started hearing others! They all told me similar stories of being weak, of not being sure what had happened. We were all in our infancy together. This was going to be harder than the first time, because we were now the pioneers.

Alas, some time has passed since that unforgettable day. I am back in my prime. I have seen countless battles since being brought back in this new form. I've seen many others grow and seen some fall. Others have stayed the same. One thing is for certain - when I must answer the call forward again, I will be looking forward to it. For a Progen never dies, they're just Reborn.

LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!

(buy Rebirth brand Shields, Reactors, and Weapons!)

Daywolf is the name, and Terran pirate is the game. Need your burning hull lightened of essential equipment? Glad to oblige, always a use for shields, reactors and weapons to make me a fortune trading on the black market :lol: It’s all about profiteering the Terran way. See you among the staaaars:):)

Hah! It's a well-kept secret but I'll clue you in...

If it weren't for Progen Genemapping technology being privately licensed to and used secretly by both Terran and Jenquai Governments back in the beginning, there would only BE Progen to rule this brave new Galaxy we have today. Oh how sweet that would be, but I'm happy there's variety.

EDIT: forgot my point...so in a way we're all reborn. That's my point. Rebirth. Buy it.

Hah! It's a well-kept secret but I'll clue you in...

If it weren't for Progen Genemapping technology being privately licensed to and used secretly by both Terran and Jenquai Governments back in the beginning, there would only BE Progen to rule this brave new Galaxy we have today. Oh how sweet that would be, but I'm happy there's variety.

EDIT: forgot my point...so in a way we're all reborn. That's my point. Rebirth. Buy it.

Speaking of being reborn, it appears as though the server is online. Although, all of my characters where gone. I don't know at this point if they had to do a complete wipe or what, anyway I guess we should wait for a representative to respond to let us know what is actually going on. But yes, I agree we have all been reborn and a big thanks to the developers for making it happen especially in light of recent events, you guys rock and keep up the good work!

It's no surprise that the Call Forward came again so soon. The saga will continue.

Perhaps in reiteration #4, there could be some contamination of the genemaps and some are over bombarded by gamma rays. If the Progen Library were to be infected by Terran or Jenquai DNA, I may possibly be Reborn as an entirely different race! Quite an initially disturbing prospect, but one I'm now preparing for.