Shield Inversion question

I see on a lot of equipment the Improved Shield Inversion (Equip) - Improves Shield Inversion duration by x.x seconds. Does that mean after you turn it off (the skill) that it will remain on for x.x more seconds? If thats the case can you use another skill during that time and does it continue to drain your shields?

Thanks
Pali

No shield inversion skill is a "efficiency" shield-energy for damage-to-mob skill based on a 2 sec DoT. At low levels of skill you get a fraction of damage to mob for shield energy spent every 2 sec. As you improve in the skill you get more efficent at it and get over 100% conversion rate..think its 130% topper for skill. So for every HP of shield you expend at max lvl you get 130% of those HP expressed as energy type dmg to mob. The improved by seconds buff translates that 2 sec. DoT by the buff from item...so they get a modification to the DOT every 2 sec. essentially improving that 130% efficientcy...but still expressing it by ticking every 2 sec.

There also items that increase skill level not time, they make it like you have skill lvl 8 or 9 (there by increasing that 130% to a higher lvl)

I haven't done the tests or math, but I am suspecting that the DoT-sec. based items aren't funtional yet, and I think its been said at some past time that the skills are capped at 10 via +skill devices.

To be honest the shield inversion skill really is only a skill point sink at low levels, and doesn't really get worth boosting until L6 and L7 can be attained, they play a better role at L6,7 both becuase of the exchange rate is more efficient and it has a A.rea of E.ffect, maintaining mobs in areas agro to the tank, and popping low level mobs rapidly (especially when factioning) inversion Nova (L7) comes in handy.