Can't get past Starmap

Hi guys,

Just found out this game was alive again and figured I'd give it a go. I have everything downloaded and updated. Net7 launcher works and shows the Sunrise server as being online. The game starts up and gets to the login screen. I can login ok and pick my character, click next, get the red hand and get to the starmap. Then the problem starts.
The first time I get to the starmap it will kick me back to the login screen while saying "Reactor Installed". Once there, the Previous and Next buttons look very grainy. If I login in a second time, it gets to the starmap and will just stop responding. The grainy buttons had me thinking video problem so I got the latest drivers for my Nvidia GTS 450. I've tried different resolutions in the EB Configuration, windowed and non-windowed, and it all does the same thing. The performance test passes every time with no problems too.

Any help would be appreciated,
Insipid

*Running Windows 7 64-bit.
**Net7 and EnB are both set to "Run as admin" and "Windows XP SP2" compatibility. Edited by Insipid

Did you change the resolution to start with? (curious) or set it to run in Windowed mode?

I got this the first time when I had it at my desktop resolution and windowed mode but when I set it back to defaults it worked fine for logging in. After that I had no troubles.

If people have lotsa trouble I'll take it back down and put the older links back up until I can sort out what's goin' on.

disregard, please use the old links I'm putting back up for now until I can diagnose this and follow the original instructions. It seems to be having a problem with our proxy application that enables communication between the client and server. Didn't happen on our development server, so it might take a minute to sort it out.

Apologies.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1318167173' post='47155']
disregard, please use the old links I'm putting back up for now until I can diagnose this and follow the original instructions. It seems to be having a problem with our proxy application that enables communication between the client and server. Didn't happen on our development server, so it might take a minute to sort it out.

Apologies.
[/quote]
I am having the same unfortunate results. where are the old links located since I am new to the forums

Thanks for the replies,

I'm pretty sure I didn't change anything on my first login attempt. It was in windowed mode and whatever the lowest default resolution was, 800x600 I think. Afterwards I tried full screen and desktop resolution, and every other combination.

Thanks,
Insipid

[quote name='beerwolf' timestamp='1318168934' post='47157']
I am having the same unfortunate results. where are the old links located since I am new to the forums
[/quote]

I think I've solved it, just doing some final testing so if yeh'll bear with me for about an hour I'll re-upload the new installer. Just uninstall everything and we'll make sure it works, if not I'll finish returning them.

They are the files named "Temporary Installer" & "Temporary Patcher" on the downloads section of net-7.org. Though I haven't added the link back for the installer yet.

[quote]I think I've solved it, just doing some final testing so if yeh'll bear with me for about an hour I'll re-upload the new installer. Just uninstall everything and we'll make sure it works, if not I'll finish returning them.

They are the files named "Temporary Installer" & "Temporary Patcher" on the downloads section of net-7.org. Though I haven't added the link back for the installer yet.[/quote]

Awesome.

I'll give it a shot when I get home this evening. Thanks Kyp.

Insipid

[quote name='Insipid' timestamp='1318177126' post='47161']
Awesome.

I'll give it a shot when I get home this evening. Thanks Kyp.

Insipid
[/quote]

Just loaded the game following instruction. Friend was able to play his account. Made my own account got in made character but then game kicked me out and now when I log on it kicks me back to windows when i get to star map.

grm

[quote name='grm' timestamp='1318233751' post='47175']
Just loaded the game following instruction. Friend was able to play his account. Made my own account got in made character but then game kicked me out and now when I log on it kicks me back to windows when i get to star map.

grm
[/quote]

Did you run the enbconfig.exe in the game client folder as admin? (sounds like your polygon budgets haven't been set, which is something that program does in preparing your PC to handle EnB.)

Just an update. Uninstalled and reinstalled everything last night and it's working great. It's killer to be flying around EnB again. You guys did a great job.

Thanks,
Insipid

Now I just have to figure out what class I want to play first.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1318282787' post='47195']
Did you run the enbconfig.exe in the game client folder as admin? (sounds like your polygon budgets haven't been set, which is something that program does in preparing your PC to handle EnB.)
[/quote]

I don't think perhaps I was clear on the problem.

I am able to watch the intro to the game.
I am able to see megan.
I am able to type in my name and password and see the hand flash and her walk away as she accepts.
Then the game goes away back to desktop.

This is happening on my pc as well as a friends friends pc who already has the game running.

For example on both pc's I do the above it happens as I explained we reopen the Net 7 and they put there log in and the game accepts log in and they can play.

Not real sure how enb configure would have to be done for each account the pc already has the poly's set for it and a pre patch account is working fine.

Personally I think it has something to do with the database and the patch and new accounts but I will go to the enbconfig and do that as well though again not so sure that really will change anything since other accounts are working on it.

Any help appreciate. Terran Enforcer on the bench looking up at the stars waiting :)

PS someone said in game yesterday that if you can't get your password / log in to work un-check "local cert" box. Problem with that is on my net 7 its already not checked as set by default by net 7 when loaded.

grm

What you're describing typically happens if that thing isn't run. Aside from this i'm not sure, but if you can't get past the login, nothing has been entered into our database aside from an account name and password and the other contact details you entered at net-7.org. I doubt it's related to the database and unless you're receiving an error message the patch should be fine. Have you uninstalled everything and reinstalled using the current patcher?

Its really hard to guess at I'm afraid. I suspect something more akin to local corruption. If the patch were failing then we'd have a lot more threads like yours :)

When you ran our launcher, did you explicitly run it as the administrator? (this really only applies to Windows 7 / Vista).

Give me some system specs and a screenshot of our launcher, and if possible the proxy log from your LaunchNet7's \bin folder.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1318538141' post='47284']
What you're describing typically happens if that thing isn't run. Aside from this i'm not sure, but if you can't get past the login, nothing has been entered into our database aside from an account name and password and the other contact details you entered at net-7.org. I doubt it's related to the database and unless you're receiving an error message the patch should be fine. Have you uninstalled everything and reinstalled using the current patcher?

Its really hard to guess at I'm afraid. I suspect something more akin to local corruption. If the patch were failing then we'd have a lot more threads like yours :)

When you ran our launcher, did you explicitly run it as the administrator? (this really only applies to Windows 7 / Vista).

Give me some system specs and a screenshot of our launcher, and if possible the proxy log from your LaunchNet7's \bin folder.
[/quote]

I created a new email and used that to create a new forum account to be able to log in as the forums see recognize this one. I was able to on my new email account/forum log in and play just fine. Thanks for your time in looking to help I will just use what is working as this account was only just past the character creator and had not actually been played not really lossing anything but the use of an email.