a little help please

hello
im trying to install enb on my new pc and i get this message when net-7 tries to update the client.
cannot write to target directory "c:\program files(x86)/ea games|earth and beyond". please start this application with administrative rights or give permissions for the target directory before starting the update process.

im running win 7 home prem and only have 1 account which i set as admin.
i verified net-7 launcher and earth and beyond are set with admin rights
i suspect its something stupid but hey its blattu

thank you

blattu

With user account control (UAC) Win 7 and Vista run in a pseudo admin mode on the admin account. Explicitly denying any program the ability to write to certain places in the OS directories unless you run it as admin or mark the application to always run in admin mode. Program Files is one of those protected directories:

[quote name='Microsoft']
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]User Account Control (UAC) is a security component that enables users to perform common tasks as non-administrators (called standard users in Windows Vista), and as administrators without having to switch users, log off, or use Run As. User accounts that are members of the local Administrators group run most applications as a standard user. By separating user and administrator functions, UAC helps users move toward using standard user rights by default.

When an administrator logs on to a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Vista, the user is assigned two separate access tokens. Access tokens, which contain a user's group membership and authorization and access control data, are used by the Windows operating system to control what resources and tasks the user can access. The access control model in earlier Windows operating systems did not include any failsafe checks to ensure that users truly wanted to perform a task that required their administrative access token. As a result, malicious software could install on users' computers without notifying the users. (This is sometimes referred to as a "silent" installation.)[/quote]

[/size][/font]

For the initial run, even though you've set it, right click our Launcher shortcut and choose "Run As Administrator" (this is what it says on my machine) to explicitly use full admin rights. If it errors again, grab me a screenshot and I can probably help you more. If this isn't the cause I'd be surprised, but basically the OS is denying the program the ability to write files in there, which is necessary for this.

ok kyp got it working
thank you

im new to win 7 and as you suggested i right clicked the launcher short cut, in the list there was run as admin. with a little shield beside it.
the confusion came as i assumed that meant i was running as admin. turns out this means i can click it as admin.
soo when i clicked it the launcher opend up and started updateing.

thank you for the fast responce
and could you please pass these brown socks to cDel..
they have been under the couch for months 8)