Login crash

Every time I attempt to log into the server with my username and password, I get as far as the animation right before the handprint. The next thing that happens is the application closes with no error message and the command box is still open with the last message being" Launch E&B: Successful. Every time i re-install, i can log on to the server once until this starts happening. I'm on Windows Vista. Anyone have any ideas?

Try running a check disk on the drive with EnB isntalled. (ive seen this fix something, but cant remember if it was this issue, or another)

When you reinstall are you uninstalling then manually deleting the remnant files from the install locations?

I know the EnB Uninstaller does not remove all files, including ones added by the Net7 Launcher Patch.

I have also moved this to Technical Support forum, as its not a gameplay bug

I have this same problem,

vista 64 bit premium, every time I try to login it ctd's with the command window still open. Logs show no errors.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times including wiping directories and trying new directories.

It sounds like most are able to get in at least once, it has never taken me past the login screen since I started trying a week ago.

Ive even tried the installing without enb_up patch and letting net7 patch everything.

Also tried the whole reset/force updates thing, and have both enb client and net7 set for run as admin as well as trying pretty much all the compatibility modes.

Would love to play this game again if anyone knows how to diagnose this issue please chime in.

Wildburn

Update: I uninstalled everything, deleting the old directories and then re-installed everything using admin privelages. I still can only log in once. Some time during gameplay, i freeze. once i freeze i have to either esc>>> log off to desktop or CTRL+ALT+DEL. when that happens, the cmd window doesn't close when i exit or freeze. So in other words; I'm still having no luck.

Ok so i've been digging around and trying to figure stuff out. As I keep trying to figure out what might be going on I might have stumbled on something.

If it keeps closing from the second time on, something has to have changed, maybe the location the program client runs from. On the cmd window the C:\ directory looks like it is a temporary file. /Client: C:\Progra~1\EAGame~1\Earth&~1\release\client.exe (No clue why)

I turned off network firewalls, even forwarded ports 3500-3801 on my router. I Keep thinking it has something to do with the communications with the server. Since I can log on once and log off once, the server might still think i should be logged off even though i'm trying to log onto the game server.

I also dug around and tried to figure out what each application does and how the emulator uses it. The emulator uses the "Detours" application to run the game and I found the "ClientDetours.log". I looked through it and i found an error that was logged. After the error, there were a series of lines that seemed to close the application and whatnot. The error is "error=10035"

This is the ClientDetours.log copy-pasted:

Attached ClientDetours.dll to client.exe process

Changed debug_flag from 0 to 1

fopen("..\data\client\text\roc.txt", "r") returned FILE * 0x00bcfb08

fclose(f=0x00bcfb08) returned 0

Earth and Beyond

Build: Release Tue Mar 16 2004 05:46:17 PM

initializing the asset manager...

ok [done initializing the asset manager] (0 ms)

initializing WW3D...

ok [done initializing WW3D] (133 ms)

initializing input handler...

ShowCursor(FALSE) returned -1

ok [done initializing input handler] (1 ms)

starting winsock services...

ok [done starting winsock services] (18 ms)

initializing render state class...

ok [done initializing render state class] (0 ms)

initializing display handler...

ok [done initializing display handler] (270 ms)

initializing options manager...

ok [done initializing options manager] (0 ms)

initializing sound library...

ok [done initializing sound library] (364 ms)

initializing sound manager...

ok [done initializing sound manager] (0 ms)

starting up font system...

ok [done starting up font system] (90 ms)

starting up Personality manager system...

ok [done starting up Personality manager system] (24 ms)

starting up Buff Database system...

ok [done starting up Buff Database system] (5 ms)

starting up Tutorial Manager system...

fopen("tutorial.dat", "rb") returned FILE * 0x00bcfb08

fclose(f=0x00bcfb08) returned 0

ok [done starting up Tutorial Manager system] (2 ms)

initializing starbase lights manager...

ok [done initializing starbase lights manager] (13 ms)

starting menu task...

ok [done starting menu task] (0 ms)

MenuTask: accepting focus.

connecting to 127.0.0.1 on port 3805...

gethostname(name='Mark-PC', namelen='256') succeeded

gethostbyname(name='Mark-PC') succeeded, ip = 192.168.1.101

inet_ntoa(in=0x6501a8c0) returned '192.168.1.101'

done [done connecting to 127.0.0.1 on port 3805] (20 ms)

socket(af=AF_INET, type=SOCK_STREAM, protocol=IPPROTO_IP) returned SOCKET 804

MenuTask: Starting Login Task.

starting login task...

MenuTask: yielding focus.

LoginTask: accepting focus.

ok [done starting login task] (0 ms)

connect(s=804, name=0x0012e970, namelen=16) returned failure, error=10035

ip address = 127.0.0.1 port=3805

select(nfds=n/a, readfds=0x00000000, writefds=0x0012ea84, exceptfds=0x0012e980, timeout=0.000) returned 1

exceptfds[0] = SOCKET 804

closesocket(s=804) successful

LoginTask: killing kernel and exiting the game

shutting down kernel...

LoginTask: yielding focus.

ok [done shutting down kernel] (62 ms)

shutting down starbase lights manager...

ok [done shutting down starbase lights manager] (0 ms)

shutting down tutorial manager system...

ok [done shutting down tutorial manager system] (1 ms)

shutting down buff database system...

ok [done shutting down buff database system] (0 ms)

shutting down Personality manager system...

ok [done shutting down Personality manager system] (0 ms)

shutting down font system...

ok [done shutting down font system] (2 ms)

shutting down sound manager...

ok [done shutting down sound manager] (0 ms)

shutting down sound library...

First off this game does not run in 64-bit. So you will need to make sure you run this game in windows XP compatibility Mode 32-bit. Second make sure you run the EnB config and the Net-7 config, can be found here: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\EBCONFIG Net-7config.exe. Also anytime you do something in this game make sure you also give it full admin privileges.

Try this and also run a chkdsk too that will sometimes clear up problems. Let us know how you did and what errors your getting in response to this new procedure. Good Luck.

I have EVERYTHING to run as admin, full read/write, the whole nine and im running vista 32.

I have a temporary solution that Kenu tipped me off to:

Every time I want to log on I:

In the N7 loader, in the upper left hand corner i click "Launcher" then click reset updates. When the reset update window comes up I defer the option to check for new updates because that alone does not work for me.

Next I run the enb_up.exe program and update it (all this with admin of course).

Then I run the N7 launcher and since i reset the updates it will re-patch N7.

In conclusion, all i have to do is clear the updates, then re-update in the same order you would update when you install. It takes about 5 minutes or so but it works (almost) every time.

I have been having the same issues, one login then client.exe crash. did everything that you have done above and was able to duplicate all your results. I am also running vista 64bit. so i am gonna try the same thing on my vista 32bit machine and see if it can also be duplicated in 32 bit environment on vista.

if this helps , now i am getting this error, and this is only after i select my charecter and try to log into the realm.

16/01/10 13:52:04 MVAS thread running

16/01/10 13:59:38 MVAS thread running

16/01/10 14:04:00 MVAS thread running

16/01/10 14:18:15 MVAS thread running

16/01/10 14:25:42 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have terminated here

16/01/10 14:25:42 ERROR: DoKeyExchange key_length = 63

16/01/10 14:25:42 Client key exchange failed. Connection thread exiting

16/01/10 14:25:43 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3638 Avatar_id = 1073829635

16/01/10 14:25:43 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3638

16/01/10 14:25:43 >> Commence Login check

16/01/10 14:25:43 Sending Login packet - connection active

16/01/10 14:25:43 TCP connection on port 3801 was reset

16/01/10 14:25:43 TCP connection on port 3500 was reset

16/01/10 14:25:43 Client connections terminated

16/01/10 14:25:45 Client has terminated. Sending termination signal.

16/01/10 14:28:09 MVAS thread running

16/01/10 14:28:10 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3638 Avatar_id = 1073829635

16/01/10 14:28:10 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3638

16/01/10 14:28:10 >> Commence Login check

16/01/10 14:28:10 Sending Login packet - connection active

16/01/10 14:28:10 TCP connection on port 3500 was reset

16/01/10 14:28:10 TCP connection on port 3801 was reset

16/01/10 14:28:10 Client connections terminated

16/01/10 14:28:14 Client has terminated. Sending termination signal.

Any ideas or help would be great.

I set my in-game resolution to match that of the recommended resolution by Vista/Win7 and now I do not crash just before the hand scan animation, or if you made it past the hand scanner animation yet crashed at the loading screen, it seemed to fix that aswell.

So if you're having issues getting past the "hand scanner" animation, or the loading screen after the hand scan animation try matching both your in-game res with you desktop res, and see if that helps.

P.S. I aswell had to reset my updates then re-download them to get past the hand scanner, everytime I would log in the game, now I dont have that issue anymore. Somehow I think the User Account Cintrol (UAC) needs the resolutions to match. Just a huntch.... :P

I had the same problem on my main pc with vista ultimate.

I normaly reset the update and reupdated E&B each time to get it to login normaly.

But one day I set a checkmark in the Debug launch in the net-7 launcher and I never had that problem again.

There must be somthing in the debugging that is helping it to work fine.

Kind regards

Satis

HELLO Everyone!

I had this same issue, i am running Windows 7 Ult x64

I had the same issue where client.exe was crashing.

************* Fix *******************

Find client.exe at

C:/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/Earth & Beyond/release/client.exe

Right click -> Properties -> Compatibility tab

Tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

Make sure it says Windows XP (service pack3)

Click Apply -> OK

run the Net 7 launcher, if this still doesn't work please let me know.

-> update on one system i had to do one direct launch by double clicking on client.exe and logging in. after that net7 worked every time.

Ok so I tried ALL of these solutions, re-updating every time, keeping the process the same except for the one variable I am changing. NONE of them worked but one:

I changed my desktop resolution down (Way way down) to 1024x764 (might not be exactly right) down from 1920x1080.

I then went into EnB config and changed the resolution of the game to the 1024 resolution and now I'm logging in successfully.

Thank you and good thinking, Kameleon!

Good luck to those who are having the same issue!

FIX for me

I listened to a few items on the previous posts, running win7 64bit.

Set client.exe to winxp (Service Pack 3)

&

Becuase I did not want to change my desktop resolution I ran E&B config and changed it to window mode...

These 2 things seems to boot the game right up for me.

Wanted to do a little update here.

I was running into these same problems and was able to get things fixed by matching screen res in config to match desktop settings. But like others, I was going crazy with the wonky distortion on a widescreen monitor.

What I found was that you only need to reset the latest updates/patches after running config. So I reset my resolution to something smaller (and in the proper aspect ratio) than my desktop and did the 'reset updates' thing after running the config for the settings I wanted. Now I can not only get in game, but I can run it in window mode and at the resolution I want and no more wonky aspect ratio.

So...

Step 1: Run EnB config at settings you want.

Step 2: Run Net-7 Launcher

Step 3: In upper left of Net-7 Launcher window and click 'Launcher' button, then click 'reset updates'

Step 4: Close launcher (if updates don't automatically begin)

Step 5: Run Launcher (let updates run if they havent already)

Step 6: Login and play!

Hurray for EnB!

Edit: You may need to set your resolution to match the desktop settings and login at least once before resetting to a new resolution and resetting updates for this to work.