Net7 Client Launch Error

I've followed all the steps to installing the game but I did get an odd bump along the way, there isn't a Net7 config setup application or a net7 folder in the start menu, so instead I used the original.

But the real problem is that once I launch the Net7 client, it crashes, giving an error saying it failed to initialize.

can you please screenshot the error and post it? The details are what's going to give us a solution for you. The description was just a wee bit vague. :) (At first guess sounds like you're missing some pre-requisite for the launcher)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1309790363' post='42932']
can you please screenshot the error and post it? The details are what's going to give us a solution for you. The description was just a wee bit vague. :) (At first guess sounds like you're missing some pre-requisite for the launcher)
[/quote]

Here ya go, pic as requested

Yep, I think you're missing the .NET framework. of an appropriate build, make sure your system has Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, and 4.0 (you must install them in order, I believe). That should get you around this message, at least.

Thanks so much it work!

But now it's asking for the client.exe and it's not in either bin or database directory. If I choose anything else other than that, it launches but it repeats trying to updating preventing me to play since the version is unknown

[quote name='Varka' timestamp='1310080348' post='43030']
Thanks so much it work!

But now it's asking for the client.exe and it's not in either bin or database directory. If I choose anything else other than that, it launches but it repeats trying to updating preventing me to play since the version is unknown
[/quote]

you must install the game's demo install or use th retail CDs, if you've already done this, then you point the launcher at the game client in its home directory using the browse button at the top. The standard directory is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe, if you have a 64 bit system, it's .\Program Files (x86)\ in that previous path. If you have installed it somewhere else, you will have to substitute to the location.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1310081487' post='43032']
you must install the game's demo install or use th retail CDs, if you've already done this, then you point the launcher at the game client in its home directory using the browse button at the top. The standard directory is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe, if you have a 64 bit system, it's .\Program Files (x86)\ in that previous path. If you have installed it somewhere else, you will have to substitute to the location.

Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Oh right, it never came to me that it was asking for for actual game client, not the the server client.

Anyways, thanks for all your help! Edited by Varka

[size="5"]for what its worth I just had problems getting on also but since I was on last week there seems to have been an update that you may have to force I opened my net-7 client,went to help in the right upper corner, hit advanced, and forced update. You will update and there will be a big update to the client so you may have to restart the client so be patient cause it may look like it hangs just taking its time again for what its worth and if you had already done this disregard this message. Good Luck! :lol:[/size]

[quote name='Varka' timestamp='1310100094' post='43039']
Oh right, it never came to me that it was asking for for actual game client, not the the server client.

Anyways, thanks for all your help!
[/quote]