My dog hates Earth and Beyond

Ever since I have started playing this game, my dog Chloe' has been acting strange. I play from around 6:30 pm to around 9:30 pm EST every night and more on weekends.
She comes into my computer room and lays down next to me, hoping I will pay attention to her. Then she will sit up and just stare at me and I mean STARE!

It is getting spooky. I use to play World of Warcraft, but she never acted like this. What did you people do to the game to make my dog act like this? Is there a hidden subliminal message that says " You will play this game and only focus on this game, nothing else exists"?

Come on, fess up Devs!

As a dog owner myself i can only advice you to grant her the attention she demands from you.
One day it will be to late and you will deeply regret it.

I learned this lesson the hard way.

Regards
Herak

maybe you aren't walking her enough! While it's great you're playing with us you shouldn't neglect the family members, and your pooch can't help but be one of those. She's must be well trained if she just sits there looking at you (rather than jumping up and down on your legs and yapping) and sounds like a joy to be around.

Back when E&B was live I had a cat, but because he was just in catty heaven when he was sat on my lap getting smoothings - little fella was pretty old - 16 back then and I think the lap warmth helped his arthritis. There was something really mellow about playing E&B with a purring cat on your lap, maybe the memory of playing E&B and having him there is another reason I remember the game so fondly.

Actually, I placed subtle tones that only dogs can hear in the weapons firing and items installed sound effects that to a dog sounds like " in a minute, just a sec, a moment longer, just hang on, I'll be done in a bit " and there you sit - staring at the monitor :P and your dogs thinking ;)
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Evermore' timestamp='1309237073' post='42705']
Actually, I placed subtle tones that only dogs can hear in the weapons firing and items installed sound effects that to a dog sounds like " in a minute, just a sec, a moment longer, just hang on, I'll be done in a bit " and there you sit - staring at the monitor :P and your dogs thinking ;)
[/quote]

I knew it!!
I havent played a game this much since Ultima Online and EnB live .
In any case, on long trade runs I have started to pay attention more. Oh, and I do need to take her for walks. I keep saying I am going to, but don't.

There is a dog park about 20 minutes away that has a lake in the middle. Maybe I will take my metal detector out there and let her run around while I hunt. Leashes are forbidden, but you have to pick up the doodoo if she has the urge. At least they have those bag kiosks there.